Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got married 6 years ago soon after marriage we realized we aren’t made for each others and got separated but without divorce for last 5 years I’m in a relationship with a girl in Dubai as Dubai doesn’t allow unmarried couples to live together we didn’t live together but we were committed to each others we have social evidence of our relationship loads of pics together in Dubai with friends and She’s originally from Philippines she moved to Australia on PR in last year and recently she came to Philippines and I traveled to Philippines as well to meet her and her family we got blessings of her family to be together rest of our life she wanna sponsor me to Australia as I’m separated but still legally married can we apply de facto partner visa ? Will they consider us de facto partners as we didn’t live together in Dubai as law doesn’t permit to unmarried couples but we were in committed relationship and we have social evidence financial evidence is this enough to prove our relationship? Please guide us thanks

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
De facto relationships are very hard to prove (even with a registered relationship) for middle eastern countries due to it being extremely hard to collect the evidence that you need - joint bank accounts, joint bills etc.

If you are going down the road of de facto you should consult with a registered migration agent.

Otherwise, you can divorce you wife and apply for a PMV and then marry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.