Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am just about ready to apply online and pay the $7000 fee for the partnership visa, but I have a last minute question. I wondered how lonag after I apply does my sponsor need to complete his 40SP application? I didn't know if maybe he needs to have his ready for as soon as I have applied. Can any body help?? Xx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow, I didn't think it'd be so fast!
I'm currently just looking at the ways to organise the evidence and documents. I'm hoping it's not too much of a difficult process!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's not likely to be that fast but it has happened.

The forum is a good tool.

Basically: clear color scans of all docs (No need to upload certified copies), clearly labeled files on your computer that tell what the document contains, and a good general rule of thumb is combine like evidences and upload required items separately. A well organised app even with tons of evidence would only take about 20-30 upload slots. If you go overboard, try not to use all of your 60 upload slots. Leave a few remaining in case you're requested more documents by the CO.

So combine like evidences: put all of your holiday proof (flights, hotels, etc) in one pdf, financial evidences can go into one, proof of living at the same address in one pdf, etc.

Photographs should go into one pdf and you only need about 20. Choose quality over quantity and try to show the relationship over time (e.g., some with a beard and some with no beard, varying hair styles, those show time. I have a kid so we chose a photo in each year so you can see him grow over time with my partner in each). Photos on holiday, with family and friends, at significant events of your relationship are good photos. Don't just upload a bunch of selfies. I chose a magazine style layout using Microsoft Publisher to do my photos. It was 4-5 pages long and anywhere from 1-5 photos per page, each page titled (one for holidays, one for engagement or wedding, one for one for social friends/family, etc) and each page had a short paragraph describing the photos.

Required items separately: this is anything on the checklist so ID documents should be uploaded individually (passport is one upload, driver's licence is one, etc), each form 888 should be an upload on its own, each police certificate should be uploaded individually (so I required 2 different checks, so these were uploaded individually and took 2 upload slots).

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I've prepared most of my evidence for a PMV 300 that I will hopefully submit by the end of this month.

Reading Skybluebrewer's input, I'm worried... is too much a bad thing?

I've prepared 9 separate Word documents in a timeline format: 1 for time before I physically met my fiancée; 3 visits to her in Australia; 1 visit by her to South Africa; and then the 4 periods that we have been apart after each visit.

For the time apart, each document includes message and video call screenshots. I aimed at 1 or more at a time at approximately weekly intervals. Each calendar month starts on a new page in the document.

For our visits, each document includes photos together, with her kids or with my extended family. Extras included are some messages when we were apart at times during the visits, flight bookings and any accommodation bookings/invoices.

Each document contains a Table of Contents listing the categories/months covered. Photos and screenshots have been laid out in a table with 6 per page and each has a caption. Every page has a descriptive heading. Each of the 9 documents ranges between 10 and 20 pages.

I also plan to have separate documents for:
1). An index of all required and evidence documents included in the application.
2). Financial evidence covering payments/money I've done/sent to assist (online orders, phone data, birthday gifts, money for flowers, etc.) Will it be negative that only I have been contributing on her side. She will be contributing most of the visa application fee but not sure if I should mention this.
3). Evidence of shared subscriptions (Office 365, Netflix, Cozi Calendar), mutual Facebook friends,game we play online together, etc.
4). Birthday and Valentine's Cards
5). A listing of our Viber calls/video calls
6). A listing of our Viber messages (cropped for our privacy).

Is this too much? Will it annoy a CO? If I tone it down, by how much to not lose its impact?

Sorry that this was such a long post.

Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Not sure how many photos you have but they only mean so much which is why the majority of your evidence shouldn't be photos. They want to see more concrete stuff as well like messages, flights to see each other, holidays if you've gone, etc.

Sounds like you've done a good job. Not sure how big your pdfs are or how many you'll upload but one good piece of advice is to upload the required documentation first (IDs, passport, Form 888s, police checks if you're submitting them at time of application, NOIM, etc) and then your strongest evidence first down to the least strongest.

This way, if you end up using a lot of upload space, you know the required stuff and the strongest evidence is in.

Try not to use all the slots though as it's not uncommon to be requested more information.

Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey i lodged the medical application via Immi account yesterday.. Do I just need to wait now and see if they can tell me if I need to complete one? Or could I still get my application in in the meantime? I'm hoping to have it submitted this coming weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello!

I have a question regarding preparing/uploading documents. My partner and I are almost finished with preparing our documents to upload however, based on the main categories (social, financial, household, etc.) we have created a single PDF for each category with all the evidence (including explanation statements and annotation) in those documents.

We've written side notes to the case officer (whomever that may be down the line) within each document to refer to separate uploads for things like stat decs from witnesses or bank statements (all combined in their own pdf) that support that particular category.

So, some of our docs are 90 pages long (compressed to under 5MB thankfully through smallpdf) but we walk them through the relevant evidence in the order of content we highlighted at the start of each document rather than breaking out the evidence for each category into different, multiple uploads. Do you think this is too complicated? We'll probably end up with about 20-30 uploads in total between us. I know there's probably no right answer but as we're getting closer the anxiety is creeping in!

Thanks

Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.