Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

me and my partner have been living in Australia for a while on a 457 visa (she as a dependant spouse). Now we're going to apply for a 189 visa and I already went through skills assessment, EOI and now it's time to submit the application. Only problem I have are the questions about my spouse's education and work background in the last 10 years. Are these only informative questions or is this something that will be strictly checked?

The thing is, she has a master degree from overseas and we can translate the diplomas so the education "should" be ok, but her work experience consists mostly of temporary work in cafes without any type of written contract and it's not something that we are able to prove on a paper.

I'm not claiming any points for her education or work experience, but immigration system still asks me these questions so I want to answer in most honesty as I can.

Thanks for any help or advice

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
They're not going to ask you to prove where she worked or anything. It's just for security checking purposes. Be 100% honest and as accurate as possible and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Dinkum
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.