Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if I could have some advice regarding the financial aspect of De facto households. My partner and I are planning to lodge the visa early Feb but our problem is that we don't have a lot of joint finances. The lease and all the bills are in his name as they wouldn't allow them to be joint because of a lack of credit history on my part, although we do have the email proof that we tried to get them in both our names. Same goes for a joint bank account, annoyingly. Additionally I couldn't find work for the first 10 months I was here so my partner was paying for everything. I am working now, and can prove bank transfers etc for bills and rent.

We would also have enough evidence in terms of statements from friends & family, letters to the address, photos together etc so I'm hoping that this will make up for the lack of joint finances? Just hoping for some thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
"My partner was paying for everything"

Sounds like joint finances to me :).

Show the bank transfers any movement of money ect etc. anything you have is good, it is understandable some people will not have indepth financial info, just ensure what you do have is well documented and what you don't have is well explained. Those refusals will be great to show why you are unable to provide some info.

If you are worried about the quantity or quality of evidence a $400 review with a registered migration agent is cheaper then a $7000 refusal and $7000 reapplication.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if I could have some advice regarding the financial aspect of De facto households.
Provide a statement explaining your financial arrangements. Make a will, get some basic life insurance, get your partner to add you as a superannuation beneficiary and to the car insurance policy. In othter words; be creative!

Reactions: aussiesteve
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.