Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my partner and I will be applying for the de facto visa soon and I was hoping for some advice.

I’m an Australian citizen, but I’m also a full time student; my partner has a full time job and supports the both of us. I recently asked immigration whether this would be an issue, and was told that as long as we can show financial capacity/stability and that we can survive comfortably on one income that it should be fine.

My partner is currently looking to change jobs though, and was wondering whether changing jobs now would affect the financial stability impression. He’ll potentially earn more than he currently is, which would obviously be good. But he’s been at his current company for a few years now, showing he’s pretty secure there, whereas starting a new job involves
a probation period which may look less secure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am not sure what you have been told, but Immigration is not interested in how much money you have/earn, they are interested in the genuineness of your relationship.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hey everyone, my partner and I will be applying for the de facto visa soon and I was hoping for some advice.

I'm an Australian citizen, but I'm also a full time student; But he's been at his current company for a few years now, !
What is his current visa?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Income has zero effect on a 820 application ( so that's a lie from immi staff).

You must comply with any restrictions of the 485 visa.

Should you need immigration advice best not to ask the Immigration Department, they are not qualified and often get it wrong. You need to ask a Registered Migration Agent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.