Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and it might be a stupid question but here you go:

I am about to apply for a de facto visa (appointment with CO made) and I was wondering how to go with putting together the application.

We've got heaps of documents and putting it all in an envelope does not seem right.

I have read in some other posts about arch lever binders which sounds good but isn'it a probelm to punch holes in the documents?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
K

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There was reference to folders in some earlier posts, only because that was what Mike and myself had done in the past but have a good read of the "applying for this visa" section on the immi site and you'll find what they want is an application form, the checklist attached to front and then whatever supportive documents you need attached.

That infers stapling together and reading between the lines it kind of says please do not overwhelm us with a photo album size stack of stuff we do not really want - just supply the bare minimum asked for.

I've always suggested with any application that people keep a copy themselves, the originals in fact where immi say supply certified copies for documents do not get returned, and then you can have your own stuff in an indexed folder for that could help you in quickly referencing anything in the application and any supportive info if something is asked for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Khandinoz,

I'm not sure if this is the correct answer. It seems like you are asking for a method to organize your documents for quick reference for an in person meeting with your CO. If that is the case, here are some suggestions.

I've organized my documents with an expanding folder. It's like a mini plastic filing folder and I just wrote in the tabs of each section and slid the papers in their appropriate places. They look like this: STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

If you want to use a binder, you can purchase those plastic document protectors / inserts that have three hole punch. Then you can slide your documents in that way. They look like this: STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks scootergirl, that's exactly the answer I was looking for :), I will probably go for one of these expanding folder then.

thanks again ;).

Cheers,
K

·
Registered
51 Posts
We were advised by our migration website not to staple things and not to put it in folders. Your case officer will most likely be transferring all of your documents into their own filing system and they will have to take out all the staples/etc.
We were told to secure things with paper clips and to 3-hole punch all our documents.

We put our application (all 200 pages) into the express post envelope and sent it off just like that. We didn't use any extra folders or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.