Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need your assistance urgently, I am busy with my offshore de facto visa
Currently I am in South Africa and my partner is in Australia, we met in South Africa and I visit my partner in Australia 2 months ago. We registered our domestic relationship at Vic death and marriage department which it will help us to view the 12 months requirements

Currently we are facing a few obstacles such financial, social, household etc.

We dont have joint account at this stage.
We don’t live together so financially we are independent
I don’t have any bills under my name in Australia only I have one bank account which it shows my partner address. My partner owns the house and the cars and everything is under his name. Socially his family knows about me and his friends.

Can I go ahead and lodge my application even though we don’t meet some the requirements such as financial, social, household etc.

I need your advice guys please.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Even though you have registered the relationship,you still need to meet the overall requirements of a de-facto relationship. I strongly advise against lodging the application until you have properly sorted out all the evidence.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your feedback, in this case I should apply for a visitor visa again and sort these things out in Australia. Am I right?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I have no idea where you’re at with your application and how you should proceed at this stage. Maybe you should get some professional advice, so things are done properly?

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hey guys,

I need your assistance urgently, I am busy with my offshore de facto visa
Currently I am in South Africa and my partner is in Australia, we met in South Africa and I visit my partner in Australia 2 months ago. We registered our domestic relationship at Vic death and marriage department which it will help us to view the 12 months requirements

Currently we are facing a few obstacles such financial, social, household etc.

We dont have joint account at this stage.
We don't live together so financially we are independent
I don't have any bills under my name in Australia only I have one bank account which it shows my partner address. My partner owns the house and the cars and everything is under his name. Socially his family knows about me and his friends.

Can I go ahead and lodge my application even though we don't meet some the requirements such as financial, social, household etc.

I need your advice guys please.
Unless you wish to make a large, non refundable, donation to Commonwealth of Australia, may I suggest you take Nick's (CCMS) advice and gain professional help before you do anything else.
From what you have said so far you certainly would not be able to demonstrate qualify as a "defacto" couple.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea where you're at with your application and how you should proceed at this stage. Maybe you should get some professional advice, so things are done properly?
- you have a vaild point. My current concern is that me and my partner are willing to change the current situation when it comes to bills such as electricity and water, all cars insured under his names. Does shopping groceries and going out is good enough to show we committed to each other fininscially ( for exmape. I booked his air ticket for Cape Town, I transferred money from South Africa Australia and I did some shopping at Coles and Woolworth). If he adds me with automative club memebetship, wil it help a little bit? I have some evidence that we were invited by his friends to see them.
Should these be fine for now? I can keep transfer my money from here to him as part of commitment

·
Registered
332 Posts
- you have a vaild point. My current concern is that me and my partner are willing to change the current situation when it comes to bills such as electricity and water, all cars insured under his names. Does shopping groceries and going out is good enough to show we committed to each other fininscially ( for exmape. I booked his air ticket for Cape Town, I transferred money from South Africa Australia and I did some shopping at Coles and Woolworth). If he adds me with automative club memebetship, wil it help a little bit? I have some evidence that we were invited by his friends to see them.
Should these be fine for now? I can keep transfer my money from here to him as part of commitment
How long you have been in a relationship for? With what you are saying you sound like you maybe better applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV), assuming you plan to marry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How long you have been in a relationship for? With what you are saying you sound like you maybe better applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV), assuming you plan to marry.
Our relationship started on 12 March. We registered our relationship at death and marriage department in August, we ar in relationship for less 12 months.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think you're going to struggle with applying for a 309, my husband and I were in a LDR for 3 and a half years, seeing each other for about 3 months a year, when we applied for a PMV. I would suggest you look it up, it requires a lot less evidence than the 309.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you're going to struggle with applying for a 309, my husband and I were in a LDR for 3 and a half years, seeing each other for about 3 months a year, when we applied for a PMV. I would suggest you look it up, it requires a lot less evidence than the 309.
I was just going to say something similar. The evidence they will need to gather is nothing to scoff at. We've been at it for months, have a solid foundation and are still thinking of what else to add.

Reactions: hisbooboo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good idea. However we are not really applying to get married in near future.
I am thinking of taking over the water bills and so on I paid it from my bank account as part of financial commitment and I managed to open joint account over the internet. Do you Think I am on the right path?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.