Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm pretty much ready to go with my application- I've collated all my evidence and am eager to pay and start the process this weekend as I'm starting a new job as of next week and am unsure of what time I'll have free.

We've got the majority of everything together, however we're both still waiting for our birth certificates to arrive, along with our partner registry certificate. All of these things are likely to take another week or so, with my partner's birth certificate, likely to take around 3-4 weeks. Will this matter? Or should I wait to sumbit the application till we have these? I want to apply soon, as mentioned before, but not sure how long you have to supply all the evidence you need.

I'm in the phone queue to speak to someone at immigration now, but as I'm caller 70 in the queue, I doubt I'll be able to speak to anyone any time soon.

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Don't bother trying to call Immigration. Life's too short to be put on hold for hours only to receive unreliable information from a clueless call centre operator.

As long as you have all essential documentation, you can add a note about the pending birth certificates and relationship certificate.

If you rely on the relationship certificate for your de-facto evidence, make sure to include the application receipt.

Reactions: Ejona

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't bother trying to call Immigration. Life's too short to be put on hold for hours only to receive unreliable information from a clueless call centre operator.

As long as you have all essential documentation, you can add a note about the pending birth certificates and relationship certificate.

If you rely on the relationship certificate for your de-facto evidence, make sure to include the application receipt.
haha, thank you- I've been on hold for an hour now and have only gone down 20 places in the queue!!
But that makes sense. When you say add a note, do you recommend uploading a word document with a statement?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
haha, thank you- I've been on hold for an hour now and have only gone down 20 places in the queue!!
But that makes sense. When you say add a note, do you recommend uploading a word document with a statement?
Yes, something like that. I always save word docs as pdf, so they can't be altered.

Reactions: Ejona
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.