Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Really need some help and advice about de-facto visa and if there is any chance in 1 year I could apply.

My partner and I met in 2003 when I had a WHW he was my landlord to begin with but I only ever paid him cash in hand, we lived together for 5 months before my visa expired I came back to the UK, 6 months later I returned for another 5 months on a tourist visa but not being able to work put huge strains on the relationship and budget so I came back to the UK, shortly after we broke up as I didn't want to live in Oz and my partner wanted to get his citizenship. It was very sad for both of us and we kept in contact and saw each other Xmas 2004 and kept emailing for another 2 years and then we stopped 3 years ago....

However our realtionship was re-kindled 2 months ago when my partner made contact again and we skyped about 3-5hrs a day and he came to UK for 6 weeks and we spent loads of time together including travelling to Morocco, he has been back now 1 week and we are keen for this to continue as it's been too long without each other.

He now has citizenship, but if I go to Oz now I cannot work so would have to do a 12 month tourist visa which neither of us fancy. We will see each other again in 6 months for a 2 week holiday, then if I can get a spouse visa move to Oz in 12 months. Almost another year apart seems like hell but what would be worse is no chance of being able to apply for a spouse visa and not being able to be with each other.

We have 7 years of letters,diaries, emails, photos, tons of friends and family to support us with statements, but will it all count for nothing if we don't live together for 12 months.

Please help make this a happy ending.

Thanks
Nermal

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You really need to be living together for 12 months for a defacto visa and you might want to consider whether you want to be getting married for if so the PMV may be the happy ending.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.