Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My partner and i have been in a relationship for 1 year unfortunately 5 months of that year he had to return to Israel as his student visa expired.. currently he is applying to start post grad study as an international student in july this year.. this means he will be studying for 1 year.. we will be able to prove our relationship through required documentation ect.. my question is are we able to apply for a de facto visa prior to the 1 year finishing up and if not can anyone suggest another alternative? I am an Australian citizen.

His career background is banking and finance and unfortunately his profession is not listed on required list for Australia.. once we have a spouse visa and our relationship is recognised is he then able to find work in his profession? or do we also need a working visa on top of spouse visa?

Thankyou

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I do not think your time together already will be acceptable for a spouse visa given the time apart and you had better plan on getting your 12+ months together via his time studying here or look at a relationship registration if in ACT, NSW, Tasmania or Victoria via Births, Deaths and Marriages of relevant state and that will waive the 12 months but you'll still need evidence as per Booklet #1 and also have a look at the sticky thread by el kitten for some ideas.
With a partner visa there are full work rights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.