Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a question about the de facto period. My partner and I (I am the sponsor) have been in a committed, exclusive relationship since 2014. However, we only became aware that we could register the relationship in 2016 and registered the relationship at that time (the 5th of April, to be exact).

Although we are well over the 1 year minimum, we're not sure what to put as the commencement of the de facto relationship - the start of the relationship; or the date that it was registered. This is particularly important as we're hoping to be considered eligible to go straight to the 820 stage and skip the 2 year cooling off phase. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! And thanks for the clarification regarding the stage - afraid I've been looking at this too long.

We'll use 2014 then; I'm aware anything we say has to be backed by evidence so I'm hoping that date we booked a flight overseas to visit her nearest relatives will be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks! And thanks for the clarification regarding the stage - afraid I've been looking at this too long.

We'll use 2014 then; I'm aware anything we say has to be backed by evidence so I'm hoping that date we booked a flight overseas to visit her nearest relatives will be sufficient.
Flights
Phone records
Facebook status
Time stamped images of you both preferably with friends
Statements from friends that have known you since then.

Of all the forms and applications you fill out during your life this one is one of the one you want to be most comprehensive with. Any peice of evidence is useful and will be evaluated.

If you don't show them good evidence first time (bypass 820 stage) it will mean you've got to do it all again the second time (further info supply during the 820 stage).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.