Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I currently hold a partner visa (820) and was wondering if there was a specific deadline which my 801 application has to be in by?
Our original 820 application was March 10 2014. I know that 2 years after that I'm officially eligible for the 801. However I can't seem to find any information about when I need to submit the 801 application by; does it absolutely have to be submitted by the 10th of March? Or am I not allowed to submit it before then because of the 2 year requirement? Should I just submit it a few days after the 10th?
Sorry if this is an obvious thing, I tried searching the forum and partner visa handbook but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You are eligible to apply 2 months before the 2 years has passed so you could have submitted documentation on Jan 10th...as to a deadline I'm not sure. Obviously if you don't submit further evidence then they can make a decision based on your 820 submission....

I lodged my visa Dec 2013 so eligible October 2015 but due to looking after a newborn I didn't submit my documents until January this year...doesn't seem to have been a problem...just waiting now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.