Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying to partner visa to Australia as my wife have a PR visa in Australia.

I am outside Australia while my wife is in Australia, we are in the process of applying for a Spouse/Partner Visa (subclass 309, and 100).

We are dealing with an MARN migrant agent to help us with the application.

Instead of creating a an Individual ImmiAccount, he said (as I understood) that he have his own account as they are an organization, and these are the rules.

We said that before submitting, we would like to check the application, such as Form 888, but he said that it isn't possible only after submitting.

Can someone give me an advice, or is that part of a normal procedure.

Kindly advice me on the subject.

Regards,

Forat

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Usually they send you the draft and you make sure that it is okay.

My understanding is that the application is lodged through their immi account.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually they send you the draft and you make sure that it is okay.

My understanding is that the application is lodged through their immi account.
yes it is from their immi account, but he is saying it is impossible to send me a draft of the Form 888 for example. he says that only after submitting that I can check it.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
yes it is from their immi account, but he is saying it is impossible to send me a draft of the Form 888 for example. he says that only after submitting that I can check it.
Form 888 will be what you supplied to him.

Did you get a contract? Usually the contract will have their terms and conditions in it like sending proof, how much you pay at what stages etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Form 888 will be what you supplied to him.

Did you get a contract? Usually the contract will have their terms and conditions in it like sending proof, how much you pay at what stages etc.
well he gave a receipt to my wife, 1800 dollars, we paid 1000 now, 800 dollars after submitting.

We don't understand Form 888, my wife just got the signatures (as per his advice), and he filled it, and upload it online.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean, I thought that his immiaccount or any immiaccount will be where the user will upload pdf files to them, so he can forward the files to me or my wife, or am I missing something.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
well he gave a receipt to my wife, 1800 dollars, we paid 1000 now, 800 dollars after submitting.

We don't understand Form 888, my wife just got the signatures (as per his advice), and he filled it, and upload it online.
OMG!! That is illegal!! The form 888's are to be filled out by the person that signs them NOT the migration agent.

If he has done what you have said he has that is very dodgy.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I mean, I thought that his immiaccount or any immiaccount will be where the user will upload pdf files to them, so he can forward the files to me or my wife, or am I missing something.
He should have them in PDF or some electronic format to send to you. However you should have supplied him with all the evidence so everything should be the same as what you gave him. The only thing he does is complete the forms and organise the evidence etc

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I very much doubt is a Registered Migration Agent in Australia, or will shortly not be!

Seriously you need to know a little about stuff and stat decs like form 888 even if using an "agent".

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Can you supply us a email or anything that states they want only a signature for form 888 and they will fill?

Any proof of your claim in writing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He should have them in PDF or some electronic format to send to you. However you should have supplied him with all the evidence so everything should be the same as what you gave him. The only thing he does is complete the forms and organise the evidence etc
We did supply him with evidence
All the pictures, birth certificates, marrige certificate, police certificates, invitation card, tickets and hotel addresses. these are with us, and my wife supplied him with it.

it is only with this Form 888, that he said he can't forward, as his reason was that the system (his immiaccount) doesn't allow him to forward the form. I thought to check with other Migrant Agents on this forum, before speaking with him

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
You supply him with form 888's

Not he gives you copy's

If you have not seen these forms and they are submitted - you are at fault and your visa should or can be refused.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
it is only with this Form 888, that he said he can't forward, as his reason was that the system (his immiaccount) doesn't allow him to forward the form. I thought to check with other Migrant Agents on this forum, before speaking with him
YOU are the one that gives him the 888's NOT him giving them to you. IF ge has competed them for you then you can be in very serious trouble. DiBP can hit you with providing false and fraudulent information. I can't remember the amount of years the ban is for if DIBP does that but it is longer than 3 years.

If you agent is registered he should not be registered.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Form 888 is not part of ImmiAccount. It is a separate form that is filled out by your witness and is to be signed in front of an authorised person like a JP. A Migration Agent has no involvement in completing the form. All they should do is check it and add it to the application. You should only allow the agent to use the forms 888 you have provided. It all sounds pretty strange to me, but maybe that's the best you can expect for $ 1800.00.

Reactions: Mish
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.