Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I live in US and a really distant part(for Australia travel) of US, Seattle.
I am planning a visit to Queensland but the prices (least ones being 2400 USD) seem expensive (even considering I am planning a time near Christmass):cool:

I guess travelocity,expedia,orbitz are good for US>India , US>Europe travel; but for Australia travel deals I need to find some other sites or subscribe to any newsletters. I tried Quantas but I think that is not the best site.

Any suggestions?:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you try typing in "cheapest airfares from Seattle to Brisbane"? There should be heaps of sites.... 2400$ does sound excessive, but December as you know is the height of the season. Wish you good luck :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Christmas time is peak flying season for flights to Australia for the very reason you would want to leave Seattle and that's likely that it'll be closer to 40C here and 40F up there.
If it's the Cairns part of Queensland you're still thinking of, Christmas isn't exactly the best time of year up there unless you like more humid type weather and the possibility of storms/cyclones.
You may find China Eastern have flights from Vancouver to China and if you can get one to near Macau, Viva Macau Airline | Welcome have cheaper flights from there to Sydney or check out Welcome to AirAsia.com, The World's Best Low-Cost Airline for flights from China to KL and they fly on to the Gold Coast which is the most southern part of Queensland.
If it is Cairns you want to go to and attempt to get a direct flight, it will likely be much more expensive as it is a lesser used route.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wanderer I am not really looking for a "o what a lovely place, say cheese" kinda visit . I have already got a decent dose with videos stories and pictures of the places; I am totally in love with the land I have never stepped on.

I am planning to migrate there if I cannot stay at US, and if I do so cairns darwin and gold coast are top spots for me. I know Cairns enjoys a uniformish climate year long BUT the southern hemisphere land is worse from January to March which are drier. I want to see whether the weather is actually unbearable or it is passable :). Based on experiences I will make further visits.

However a great news is my passport is screwed up. I need to get a new one and go to a pl;ace outside US to get my visa stamped; and with my vacation scenario, I dunno if Christmas visit is at all affordable for me. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I live in US and a really distant part(for Australia travel) of US, Seattle.
I am planning a visit to Queensland but the prices (least ones being 2400 USD) seem expensive (even considering I am planning a time near Christmass):cool:

I guess travelocity,expedia,orbitz are good for US>India , US>Europe travel; but for Australia travel deals I need to find some other sites or subscribe to any newsletters. I tried Quantas but I think that is not the best site.

Any suggestions?:)
The flight surely will not be cheap :(. You might want to use a travel search engine to find deals, like trabber.us

I suggest you to be flexible with dates and try to book several months in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.