Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Ive heard that NSW already accepting registration for same sex. So we can now register our partner to the death and marriage registries.
What I know is once you have this documents you are allowed not to follow the 12months living together is that right?
if that is correct how many months should we have atleast to lodge our defacto visa?

another thing what does this mean:

•at the time of application of the partner visa, the de facto relationship was registered as a prescribed relationship in the relevant Australian state or territory legislation

thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
NSW have had relationships registration open for a couple of months or so now with the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry.
Check out their requirements and just like immigration applications I imagine each application will be assessed against requirements.
•at the time of application of the partner visa, the de facto relationship was registered as a prescribed relationship in the relevant Australian state or territory legislation
Means exactly what you hope it means and if you have a relationship registration in those states/territories that have legislation for it in place then it is a condition that will see the 12 months requirement by Immi waived though you will still need to show evidence of a relationship and ongoing commitment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSW have had relationships registration open for a couple of months or so now with the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry.
Check out their requirements and just like immigration applications I imagine each application will be assessed against requirements.

Means exactly what you hope it means and if you have a relationship registration in those states/territories that have legislation for it in place then it is a condition that will see the 12 months requirement by Immi waived though you will still need to show evidence of a relationship and ongoing commitment.
Do they have any minimum months to follow (i.e. min of 3 mnths, 6 mnths) before we can lodge our application.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I have heard NSW are less stringent re getting registration but best you check their application form and any other information they have on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard NSW are less stringent re getting registration but best you check their application form and any other information they have on it.
What I mean is if ever we got the registration docs for the state (NSW) do we still need to follow the 12 months if not how many months are we talking about here 3,6,9 or even 1 month.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It does make it easier to know what people mean and you'll hardly get your relationship registration in a month and will have to show some appropriate time/evidence and once you have that, there is no specific further time that Immi stipulate but in decisions on visas being made, there are a number of eligibility factors that will be considered.
The Booklet #1 should be read to give you some idea of requirements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.