Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I had my visa cancelled when I was coming back to Australia from bali with my boyfriend because the immigration got evidence on my phone that I dis a babysitting. My boyfriend is Australian and they interviewed him as well. In my cancellation letter they say they're acknowledged I am in a genuine relationship with a australian citizen and I am able to apply for partner visa offshore.

We are searching some agents to help us and one of the law firm he saw is really professional but they are charging us about $11k which we can't pay at all.
I want some advice from anyone who was in a similar case as mine. I am devastated about this and being away from the one I love.

My first question is: how can I find out about my debt with Australia Government? I sent them an email already but they say 7working days. We want to sort it out as soon as possible.
I spent like 12hours in the detention center and they got my flight.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
The $11k you mention, is that the $7,000 visa fee to the Government (you can't avoid that part) plus $4,000 for the migration agent?

Some people do the visa applications themselves and it only costs the $7,000 plus some smaller costs, medicals etc.n

One advantage that you have is in proving the relationship. You mentioned " In my cancellation letter they say they're acknowledged I am in a genuine relationship with a australian citizen"
That should be a very handy proof.

You mention a debt? Would that be just the tax liability on your earnings?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, they charged $11k for their services. Insane! They really scared us because of my situation.

The debt with the government means my flight back to Brazil and the time I spent in the detention (like 14 hours).

In the application form they say we can only apply once the debt is off or prove we have arregements to pay off. Do you know how can I find out about this?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
We have tried to find out about the deport expenses before on this forum, but the op never got back to us.

I think we suggested they contact the embassy in their country to get the debt amount and arrange a payment plan.

I suggest you start reading the Partner Migration Booklet and search this site for evidence type stuff and ask a few questions on here. As stated that acknowledgement of genuine relationship letter is quite good for your Partner Visa application.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
No, they charged $11k for their services. Insane! They really scared us because of my situation.

The debt with the government means my flight back to Brazil and the time I spent in the detention (like 14 hours).

In the application form they say we can only apply once the debt is off or prove we have arregements to pay off. Do you know how can I find out about this?
In your shoes i would try for an initial discussion ( just a few hundred dollars) with one of the regular migration agents that post on here, and get an idea of your options.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
The price seems very over the top to me. There are some excellent agents on this forum and I believe that they do not charge anywhere near that amount of money.

In regards to the debt you would probably need to wait until they respond to you unless you can find a different area of immigration to contact but I believe all them would take atleast a few working days to respond to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.