Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Mine's a bit old but submitted everything at time of application except medical and police check, which I provided on my own shortly after without being requested to do so. Did both apps by ourselves and timeline below. Both visas went straight to grant without needing further info.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
So a little under 5 months. Were PMV's the same processing time as 309's or 820's?
Would have been 3.5 months when they were ready to grant but I was onshore. That time frame was typical for applicants that applied around the same time as me back then and was faster than 309 and 820s.

As far as I've seen, processing times differ for different subclasses. 309s from the US looked for awhile to be getting grants faster than 300s this year. 300s now are about 9-10 months based on recent posts and someone I know.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
you got it quick enough!

So we can be onshore when our partner visa is under process and they will ask us to leave?
Yes. I was onshore on an ETA when they asked me to leave for the visa grant. We already had plans to fly away on holiday in May so we sent them that itinerary and left when we had already planned.

We did upload my intentions to enter on the ETA and estimated dates I'd be onshore, though I'm sure they would have known anyway that I was onshore.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Ours is a bit old but did decision ready (except police and medical) in 2013, used a RMA and it took 9.5 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you got it quick enough!

So we can be onshore when our partner visa is under process and they will ask us to leave?
Yes. I was onshore on an ETA when they asked me to leave for the visa grant. We already had plans to fly away on holiday in May so we sent them that itinerary and left when we had already planned.

We did upload my intentions to enter on the ETA and estimated dates I'd be onshore, though I'm sure they would have known anyway that I was onshore.
I did a mistake in my visa application i gave my wedding ceremony date in place of date of marriage...i am worried now that would make my application to be processed late! ?
(I submitted form 1023 later for the error)

and also i wanted to know...i am from India but i am currrntly in USA and applied from USA(online) so will they take processing times based on which country..?

·
Registered
50 Posts
We uploaded everything for our 309 just 2 days after applying (coz we applied on a Saturday and had to wait for the money to go through before we were able to upload anything) including police checks. Then I realized the personal statements were missing. So we uploaded them about 3 weeks after the initial application, end of October. Only the medicals were requested by a CO end of November. The 309 and 100 were both granted on the same day just 2 months after the initial application. DIY.

I guess approval might have been even quicker if we hadn't forgotten the relationship statements...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.