Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There -

We applied in October 2017 for the 820/801. This week 4 months later we received a request from Immigration to supply the applicant's Health Assessment, proof of the sponsor's legal name change (changed by 1 letter day after sponsor was born - birth certificate is different, but all other documents like passport are current spelling), and then the sponsor's AFP police certificate. I was waiting to do the health check for another year given the long processing time, but given they told us to do it now within 28 days, I went ASAP. We got everything submitted to immigration in 1 week and it's all good/clean/clear.

Question: Even though we just applied 4 months ago and the 820/801 application says it'd take 20 - 24 months processing, doesn't it seem like they're ready to make a decision if they're already requesting health assessment / police check? Or is there clerical employees that check for formalities, get them like the health assessments, then it'll take many months (i.e. 20 months from now)?

Anybody else hear of this similar timing of requests? When did a final decision get made after these requests?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Document checker - probably not the person that will make the decision on your visa.

Although early grants aren't unheard of I wouldn't hold my breath.

Theoretically if they have requested a medical they should be making a decision within 12 months.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi – Okay, thanks for the insight. I thought I remember reading several months ago when we applied that when Immi essentially only requests Health Assessment and nothing related to proof of partnership, then it means as long as Health Assessment is passed then they’re ready to approve application soon after.

We did think having just applied 4+ months ago it was a bit soon to hear given the processing time given to us at the time of online 820 application said “20 – 24 months processing.”

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There's a lot of different circumstances that can lead to the request.

If it's a case officer that has reviewed your case and all other relevant departments have staked their seal of approval on the file and the only thing that's missing is a medical then yes a grant is imminent.

If it's a document checker looking to ensure your file is ready for review when the time comes you will be waiting a while.

There's a million more variations here and guessing is honestly pointless. Expect it to take 34 months and be happily surprised if it arrives in 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.