Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the group but in search of some info. I'm Irish, my partner is Australian and we have a 6 month old daughter together. We applied for a defacto visa in December so waiting for that. In the meantime I've been wondering what could happen if we were to break up. What would happen our daughter? Could he deport me? Basically what's the worst that could happen? Has anyone experienced this before?
Tia! X

·
Registered
266 Posts
No, but the bigger issue would be if you broke up, you would be in a foreign country and possibly unable to take your daughter back to Ireland

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I actually have a lot of support here so it's not too bad. Not immiate family but they may as well be. Moving back to Ireland would not be a priority. I wouldn't purposefully take my daughter from my partner anyway if things turned sour between us. Unless she's in harms way and that would never happen.

Appreciate your reply 😊

·
Registered
266 Posts
If the worst hhappend, it is vital that you contact a very good migration agent immediately - someone like Go Matilda as you would need to get a special visa to remain. I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.