Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my girlfriend met in Australia in 2014. Myself being English and she is Australian.
She moved to Germany to study afew months after we met. During that time, our relationship has involved lots of travelling to and from Germany and Australia (evidence to show this: Flight tickets, photos..)
In 2016 we registered our relationship with NSW. we have the official document.
In 2017 I moved back to England. We thought that the travelling was getting too much and it'd be easier moving back to Europe until she finishes her studies and gets a years work experience under her belt.
At the minute, we have both been travelling to and from England and Germany (not ideal I know).
Anyway, we have now made a descision and we are planning on moving back to to Australia at the end of the year and possibly 2019. This was always our plan.

Am I ready to start proceeding with my 820 de facto visa?

I have heard from a friend, that the prices of the de facto are going up later in th year. Is this true?

To save ourselves some cash, we're going to be looking at completing the visa on our own, without help. Im hoping this isn't going to be too hard.
My friend did his and his was successful.

I look forward to your feedback.

Dave :)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The fee can increase anytime by any amount. That said they (don't believe them) said it will now be a yearly increase by CPI.

Read up long and hard on the subject it is a big process.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Am I ready to start proceeding with my 820 de facto visa?
No.

I have heard from a friend, that the prices of the de facto are going up later in th year. Is this true?
Probably, and there are worse changes than a VAC increase in the pipeline.

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
No.

Probably, and there are worse changes than a VAC increase in the pipeline.

Best of luck with it.
Westly, just out of curiosity (and sorry for hijacking the thread) but can you give any insight to the worse changes coming along?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
To save ourselves some cash, we're going to be looking at completing the visa on our own, without help. Im hoping this isn't going to be too hard.
Not to sound like a jerk, but it is hard. My fiancee and I have lived together near two years now, we made the decision to move to Australia back in August with plans of submitting the application in September.

It's February now and we are just submitting it this weekend.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Westly, just out of curiosity (and sorry for hijacking the thread) but can you give any insight to the worse changes coming along?
The minister has foreshadowed changes that will require sponsors to be 'approved' before a partner visa application can be lodged. This was supposed to happen last year, but was deferred to a date to be announced (soon?). Requirements, costs and timescale are yet to be published. Onshore partners on short-stay visas might find themselves up that well known creek, with an unfinalised sponsor approval and an expiring visa.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The minister has foreshadowed changes that will require sponsors to be 'approved' before a partner visa application can be lodged. This was supposed to happen last year, but was deferred to a date to be announced (soon?). Requirements, costs and timescale are yet to be published. Onshore partners on short-stay visas might find themselves up that well known creek, with an unfinalised sponsor approval and an expiring visa.
Oh boy. Thanks for that.

Makes me glad we're getting ours in this weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.