Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am Australian (Nathan) and my partner is from the UK (Isla).

We are applying online for a Defacto Spousal Visa and submitted our application in MAY 2016. We live in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately, we were unfamiliar of the application process and submitted each document as a single file, thus we very quickly ran out of 'slots' to upload to. It's not possible to withdraw or edit items (to combine them into a PDF or similar) after hitting the submit button.

We are now waiting to be assigned a case officer. The fear we have is that our application will be denied without the chance to send the full documents such as proof of character, statutory declarations, police checks and forms.

We also have not received a letter of request in order to obtain a Hong Kong police check so I am assuming our application is processing and won't be denied until at least this step happens.

thia is a thread to help others, answer our own questions and serve as a 2016 record of time frame and procedure to this very one-way, expensive and nerve racking process.

I will update as things progress.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Nathan - you (as the sponsor) get another 60 slots to upload documents under your name. You can also try combining files into one pdf document to reduce the number you need to upload. You only submitted your application a couple of weeks ago, so you should be fine to continue uploading evidence.

I don't know how long the standard processing time is for Hong Kong - perhaps search this forum to get an idea of how long it's taking. We arranged our police checks without waiting for a request from a case officer - but then Turkey tends to process visas fairly quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nathan - you (as the sponsor) get another 60 slots to upload documents under your name. You can also try combining files into one pdf document to reduce the number you need to upload. You only submitted your application a couple of weeks ago, so you should be fine to continue uploading evidence.

I don't know how long the standard processing time is for Hong Kong - perhaps search this forum to get an idea of how long it's taking. We arranged our police checks without waiting for a request from a case officer - but then Turkey tends to process visas fairly quickly.
Hi KofteQueen,

That's great to know, that I can also submit up to 60. I hadn't thought to use my slots for additional evidence such as 'Proof of relationship socially/financially/household...' I wonder if submitting under the 'wrong' section in order to fully submit all the evidence we have gathered would annoy or confuse the CO?

Regarding the processing time for Hong Kong. Unfortunately, the HK embassy/consulate won't have a thing to do with us, they tell us they can't access our information as we applied online. And Australian immigration have not contacted us so far. The net of all this is we don't have a phone number or email address to send questions to and are unsure of how our application may be viewed, we have all required evidence but no where to send it. A 2 minute conversation or 120 character email exchange would sooth our nerves greatly!

Things like police/character checks in Hiong Kong and other countries we have lived in aren't possible without a request letter; which will be sent from our CO... once assigned.

I mis-worded my original post too and have now edited it. We submitted our application in MAY 2016 so it's been 5 months so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reassurance from ACG in HK

I received an email from the ACG in Hong Kong today reassuring me that the CO, once allocated, will be made aware of our situation (not having been able to submit all relevant documents).

Good news, no we continue to wait.

Submitted 24/05/2016

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's great to know, that I can also submit up to 60. I hadn't thought to use my slots for additional evidence such as 'Proof of relationship socially/financially/household...' I wonder if submitting under the 'wrong' section in order to fully submit all the evidence we have gathered would annoy or confuse the CO?
I'm glad you heard something from the Australian Consulate there.

I would go ahead and start uploading your additional information under your 60 allocated slots. Lots of people on this forum have used some of their Sponsor's upload limit if they have exceeded the 60 documents. I would just make sure you name the files as clearly as possible to indicate the type of evidence you are uploading. Once assigned, your CO will have to look at everything uploaded - regardless of whether it is uploaded under the Sponsor or Applicant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
309 Spouse Visa - Germany

Has anyone else applied for the 309 Visa from Germany around August 2015? The CO was assigned immediately. However it has been 14 months now since we have applied and we have not received any information on the outcome yet nor were we contacted to provide more information.

From: Germany, Applied: 14 Aug 2015, Applied From: Germany, Visa Sub: 309 Partner temporary Offshore, Application: Online, Agent: No, Medicals: 19 Jan 2016, Police Checks: 19 Feb 2016, CO Assigned: 14 Aug 2015

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone else applied for the 309 Visa from Germany around August 2015? The CO was assigned immediately. However it has been 14 months now since we have applied and we have not received any information on the outcome yet nor were we contacted to provide more information.

From: Germany, Applied: 14 Aug 2015, Applied From: Germany, Visa Sub: 309 Partner temporary Offshore, Application: Online, Agent: No, Medicals: 19 Jan 2016, Police Checks: 19 Feb 2016, CO Assigned: 14 Aug 2015
That's ridiculous. I'm German, too but live in Canada. My application will probably be processed in Ottawa. I just applied in the end of September and I'm already annoyed that low risk countries seem to have way longer processing times now than high risk countries. Not fair at all

Reactions: AussieWayOfLife

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's ridiculous. I'm German, too but live in Canada. My application will probably be processed in Ottawa. I just applied in the end of September and I'm already annoyed that low risk countries seem to have way longer processing times now than high risk countries. Not fair at all
Yes, at least they should notify people once the standard processing time has expired about what is happening and why it is taking longer. It is hard to plan the future not knowing the outcome. Good luck to you and that it will be faster for you :)

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Sadly the standard processing times are misleading - they only plan to have 75% processed in that time frame, the rest have no time limit.

So if 75% are processed then the report card DIBP get to show the Government and Governments achievement is 100%.

A very sneaky way to have a poor result look perfect on paper!

But the really bad part is the Case Officer is given an allocated amount of hours to process a Partner Visa, that allocated time is about 5.5 total working hours! Not bad for your $7K.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sadly the standard processing times are misleading - they only plan to have 75% processed in that time frame, the rest have no time limit.

So if 75% are processed then the report card DIBP get to show the Government and Governments achievement is 100%.

A very sneaky way to have a poor result look perfect on paper!

But the really bad part is the Case Officer is given an allocated amount of hours to process a Partner Visa, that allocated time is about 5.5 total working hours! Not bad for your $7K.
That is indeed very misleading.
However shouldn't the visa be approved before the medicals expire which would on the 19/01/17 in our case?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not necessarily they can just ask you to do them again. Did they request them or you just did them?
Oh no, not good news. And not cheap to redo them either. After submitting the visa in August 2015 they told us to do the medical 5 months after. Which we did in Jan 2016.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
If they told, then generally they are waiting for you to hit top of queue to issue visa. NOTE I used word "generally".

If you research the "Partner Visas" granted it about always matches the yearly immigration estimate (not meant to be capped number - but is). Not only that but monthly numbers except June are about the same every month - this is strange due normal holiday periods like Christmas that you would expect less approvals in December.

My guess is many embassies have a monthly quota and they know when you will get to top of list - so know when to request medical and police docs.

Month of June is last month to meet quota for year limit, so can be more or less - to score that 100% achievement result that the Government like to see on their report cards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If they told, then generally they are waiting for you to hit top of queue to issue visa. NOTE I used word "generally".

If you research the "Partner Visas" granted it about always matches the yearly immigration estimate (not meant to be capped number - but is). Not only that but monthly numbers except June are about the same every month - this is strange due normal holiday periods like Christmas that you would expect less approvals in December.

My guess is many embassies have a monthly quota and they know when you will get to top of list - so know when to request medical and police docs.

Month of June is last month to meet quota for year limit, so can be more or less - to score that 100% achievement result that the Government like to see on their report cards.
Thank you very much for your input on my questions/concerns. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.