Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I currently live in england with my australian girlfriend we have lived together for 6 months. My question is, if I go to australia on a 12 month working holiday visa, can I use the time here and there towards the defacto spouse visa?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is refreshing to see simple questions and answers.

However before you depart distant shores do have a good read of all the visa info,
Family - Visas & Immigration
especially the eligibility and applying for this visa sections , Booklet #1 too

And get all your personal/UK documentation in order and collected as much as possible before coming down as it'll be easier now than sourcing stuff from over there later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thanks for your help.

I am currently 30, turning 31 in july, would have a property to sell here first before moving. If i was granted a working holiday visa before my 31st birthday. will it expire when I turn 31?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi Thanks for your help.

I am currently 30, turning 31 in july, would have a property to sell here first before moving. If i was granted a working holiday visa before my 31st birthday. will it expire when I turn 31?
No, when you get a WHV it'll have an enter by date usually 12 months from date of grant.
So if you apply a few days to a week before you're 31 [allow a bit of time just in case there's an error one way or another to be corrected] and WHV are usually granted within a few days, you'll have until 12 months from then to enter Australia and it'll be good for 12 months from entry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.