Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I've been with my boyfriend (who is australian) for over a year and we are going to do the defacto visa. We both live together (he is on the lease), however he doesn't pay rent as he just buys the food - so we don't have any evidence of shared bank accounts etc. Also, all his bills go to his family's address.

So I have a few questions

• Will this be an issue?
  • He has been on the lease for about 3 months now. Will immigration want more proof?
  • Is it fine to say that he just buys the food and doesn't pay rent?
  • He is on the lease at his family's home. Is he allowed to be on the lease for 2 different places?

Help! lol

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It would really depend on the way you have combined your financial affairs overall: joint insurance, superannuation beneficiary, wills, memberships, utility, phone and internet bills, joint savings, other joint financial commitments...

No 2 cases are the same and you just have to make the most of your particular circumstances. Provide a statement detailing your particular financial arrangements and where evidence is missing, provide an explanation.

You have to convince a total stranger that you have a joint household. Be creative !

By the way, de-facto partners are not boyfriends/ girlfriends...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.