Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defacto Visa Subclass 820, Aus Police check help!

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BionicAllah 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm Australian and my partner is Irish. We have sent away all our information for our De facto Visa application subclass 820.

We received an email from the Department of immigration requesting an Australian police check for my partner. We didn't include this to begin with as we were told not to apply for it until we were asked. So we applied for the NPC, and it arrived yesterday.

Now I'm not 100% sure if i need to send a form or document along with the certificate when i Mail it.

The email said the following.
"Please send the NPC along with identifying information to the department after you have received your National Police Certificate (NPC) from the Australian Federal Police (AFP)."

So can anyone tell me what is considered "identifying information" and do we need to include a form with this.

Please note that we have already filled out and sent form 80 (character assessment).

Any help is appreciated

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm Australian and my partner is Irish. We have sent away all our information for our De facto Visa application subclass 820.

We received an email from the Department of immigration requesting an Australian police check for my partner. We didn't include this to begin with as we were told not to apply for it until we were asked. So we applied for the NPC, and it arrived yesterday.

Now I'm not 100% sure if i need to send a form or document along with the certificate when i Mail it.

The email said the following.
"Please send the NPC along with identifying information to the department after you have received your National Police Certificate (NPC) from the Australian Federal Police (AFP)."

So can anyone tell me what is considered "identifying information" and do we need to include a form with this.

Please note that we have already filled out and sent form 80 (character assessment).

Any help is appreciated
Have you received an email from immigration?

I believe "identifying information" is the subject of the email you have received. That has your file number, id and name.

That's what I always include whenever I send new info to immigration on a cover letter

#3 ·
"Identifying information" is the identity documents that you need to prove for the police check. There would be a listing of what is acceptable such as birth certificate, drivers license, etc. These will need to be copies 'certified as originals' by an appropriate person such as a justice of the peace, notary public, etc.

Hope this helps!
Hugh Tecksan

#5 ·
Any idea when they request a police check? I lodged my visa on 17th February 2014 and have not heard anything yet regarding the police check.
I spoke to someone at immi over the phone today and they said i've only just lodged my application so it will be a while. I found that quite concerning because I don't see how an application placed almost 7 months ago is "only just lodged."
On top of that I was told my application would take up to 13 months and and now i'm being told 16 months. Is this time just going to keep going up?

Sorry for ranting. I just find the whole visa process frustrating at times. Thank god it's Friday.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.