Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Hoping that someone can give us some advice please.... I have been in Australia since July 2009 after commencing our relationship in May 2009. We have applied for defacto visa through an immigration agent back in June 2010. We have been told today that it may take a further 6mths. Scarring was picked up in my chest xray and I have been recommended to have a follow up xray in 4mths.

My current visa does not allow me to work and our visa agent has informed us that there is a backlog on defacto visas and it can take 9mths to have the visa processed and due to the follow up xray nothing will be granted before that is completed...... minimum of 7 mths.

He has suggested I apply for a work rights visa in the interim but we have to claim financial hardship to get this granted. Things are tough finanically but we are not destitue has anyone else applied for a work rights visa and what was the process like?

Whilst I appreciate the laws and the need to ensure geniune suitable applicantions are approved its so frustrating to know that our entire future rests with a public servant .... I am a UK citizen and I am keen to start paying my way in our relationship.

Any advice is welcomed
Thanks
Leza:confused:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There have been a couple of posts from people seeking a right to work because of hardship and from what I understand it is not so much a work rights visa but seeking a lifting of the restriction condition on your existing visa.
If you feel you can show financial hardship, it's a case of heading into the nearest Immi office and seeing people there with the relevant information of the visa applied for and your current visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.