Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai Elkitton
Thanks for ur information. Now i want to clarify something. My student visa will be expiring on March 2010 and I will apply for new student visa. I am married and have a daughter. I declared this in my previous visa application . Now is it possible to declare my defacto partner in the new visa application.
Can you tell me any other options to bring my defacto partner to Australia

Noby

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh! she is your wife! o.k, I apologize i just assumed that when you said "defacto" that you meant a girlfriend rather than a wife.

Most of the time, when we are using the term "Defacto" on this website, we mean two people who are in a relationship that is like a marriage, but the two people are not married. When you look for information about this visa your wife will need to apply for, look in the "spouse" category first.

O.K well, lets think here.... according to what I showed you before (Higher Education Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 573) - Assessment Level 4) if you have declared her as your wife in your application, then yes of course you can apply for her to come with you--you can also apply for her to come with you when you re-apply for another student visa in 2010.

Considering that you are married and have a child together, with the right documentation, it will probably be a lot easier to bring her rather than if she was your girlfriend.

Have a look at the link i posted for you above, it talks about the procedure she will have to go through in order to obtain her visa.

Like i said before, she will have restrictions as in how much she can work and so on. I'm not sure what those are.

Also, when I looked up information for you, I entered you in as from India (right?) and as doing "Higher Education". You are asssesment Level 4 and this means that you may apply to bring family. If you are completing a Masters Degree, or Post-Graduate studies, the privilages and restrictions will most likely be different but i think your assesment level remains the same and hence you can still apply to bring her.

Start at this webpage: Visa Options - Students - Visas & Immigration and enter the type of student visa you are using/ going to use in 2010 and then you will be able to learn more about how to proceed.

Does that make sense? Feel free to call immigration to make an appointment, or just to get some info. Start at this page: Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship to find the right phone number for you.

Your wife could also apply for a student visa if she intended to study and depending on her occupation, skilled migration, but skilled migration takes a long time and is quite expensive. She cannot apply for WHV.

Hope all of this helps and hope i got what your situation is right this time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.