Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just wanted to raise an inquiry about my recent family sponsored visitor visa application for my husband in Pakistan.

I am Australian citizen and got married to him in January 2016. we lodged our partner visa 309 in june 2016 and still waiting for the outcome. first medical was done back in 2016 and because it got expired while application took so long to process he was asked to go through medical examination again in February 2018. while we are still waiting for the outcome of our 309 partner visa we decided to lodge an application for family sponsored visitor visa.

we lodged an application on 16th of April 2018 via Immi account, got acknowledgment letter straight away and received a request to provide bio-metrics. my husband provided bio-metrics with in next two days. we have also uploaded documents to show that he went through medical examination in Feb2018 for 309 visa.

On 11th of May 2018 we received a request to submit bond for $10,000.00 Which i deposited with in two days on 14th of May 2018.

Now it's been over a month we haven't heard anything from them. as per my understanding when CO asks for bond it means they are ready to grant the visa but in my case this hasn't happened yet. i have tried calling but didn't get any extra information about my application. upon my inquiry via email, my CO has advised that the application is still going through mandatory checks.

I am just curious about the whole thing, please advise if this is the normal process and if they ask for bond money without any intention of granting the visa? and whether it takes a long time to grant visa even after depositing bond money?

what are the mandatory checks and whether every applicant has to go through them?

Thank You

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.