Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have applied for Resident Return Visa on 5th December 2017.
Today its more than 2 months but the application is still in 'Received' stage.

My PR expired in August 2013 as I was unable to migrate due to compelling and compassionate reasons.

As per the website the processing time is 15 to 33 days. I am surprised to see such a long delay for my RRV application.

Anyone else facing a similar situation?

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Guys,
I have applied for Resident Return Visa on 5th December 2017.
Today its more than 2 months but the application is still in 'Received' stage.

My PR expired in August 2013 as I was unable to migrate due to compelling and compassionate reasons.

As per the website the processing time is 15 to 33 days. I am surprised to see such a long delay for my RRV application.

Anyone else facing a similar situation?
Yours may take longer than average, while they look into your compelling and compassionate reasons.

Quite some years ago, my RRV expired while I was out of Australia, and it took a while to sort out. but I had compelling and compassionate reasons that they accepted. An Australian wife, Daughter and house. But it still wasn't as fast as a normal RRV application.

The 15 to 33 days will be for normal applications without any issues to be looked at.

Difficult to compare a similar situation, without knowing your compelling and compassionate reasons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yours may take longer than average, while they look into your compelling and compassionate reasons.

Quite some years ago, my RRV expired while I was out of Australia, and it took a while to sort out. but I had compelling and compassionate reasons that they accepted. An Australian wife, Daughter and house. But it still wasn't as fast as a normal RRV application.

The 15 to 33 days will be for normal applications without any issues to be looked at.

Difficult to compare a similar situation, without knowing your compelling and compassionate reasons.
Thanks a lot for providing insights.
It seems my case too will take some time to reach conclusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If you don't mind can you please let me know how long it took after your application to get the RRV.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
I can't actually recall, too long ago now, and systems have probably changed. I did actually have to have an interview though, to prove my situation.

Bottom line is that the right compelling circumstances should do it in the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks a lot for providing insights.
It seems my case too will take some time to reach conclusion.
H tej77,

Have you got a response on your 155 visa application? If so, how long did it take for the immigration dept to process your application? Thank you.

- FJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.