Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently a dental nurse in the uk looking to move to Australia. My dream if it is possible would be to study dental hygiene therapy in Australia however I am not qualified as a therapist in the uk but I do know even if you are you have to re-sit the exam for Australia. Do I need other qualification and is it possible ?
Many thanks
Steph

·
Registered
163 Posts
The lists you need to look at for Skilled emigration are the SOL & CSOL. Go to Department of Immigration & Citizenship for general info & skillselect for specific visas. I doubt if dental nurse is skilled enough tbh to qualify for skilled migration, but if you can afford to study Dental Hygiene Therapy in Aus you apply for a student visa once you've found a suitable course & enrolled . Apparently studying as an International student costs megabucks, but do look into it all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agreed, you'd need to look 1, studying, 2.being accepted as this particular program can be quite competitive, 3. Applying for a student visa. 4.once accepted and in Aus you can work up to 20 hrs per week while studying.
Another option is New Zealand. I know this is an Aussie forum however I can't not mention AUT - Auckland University of Technology, A great program. You would be then qualified in Aus also due the the Trans Tasman agreement. You should check directly with them for details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.