Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I?m a new member to this forum but I?ll no doubt be needing all the help I can get .

I?m married to an Australian Citizen, We have been married just over two years now but been in a relationship longer . We have two biological children together ( who were granted their Australian citizenship last week , Took 13 days online ).

I have a son from a previous relationship . There is no problem with him moving as I?m the only person with parental responsibilities and he?s also fourteen.

My question is , My 14 year old son has very mild ASD . He is not medicated, He is in mainstream school and by all accounts you wouldn?t even know .

I?m slifhtly concerned that my spouse visa will be rejected on the basis of him having this . Can anyone advise the probability of this ? .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes he has been diagnosed. But I?ve not had any dealings with an doctors or anything on the back of this.

My husband and other two children are Australian so it?s just me and my son now I need to get visas for. I?m going to do my medical next week . I?m in Scotland , Uk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree. Once you disclose the condition, the Department will want to check as to likely medical treatment costs. A migration lawyer, together with a medical expert, can advise you as to what the Australian Government would consider probable treatment costs for your son's medical condition. You will need to brief your migration lawyer with your son's medical history - without the benefit of that documentation, it's just guesswork unfortunately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son is not medicated at all , He is in mainstream school , He has no extra caring needs whatsoever . I do not think he would have actually been diagnosed with anything in any other country.

We have not been to therapy , Doctors appointments . He was diagnosed by a department within the NHS that is not even around anymore .

I feel sick , I do not have a migration lawyer etc I done kids citizenship application on my own and my partners spouse visa to come to Britain on my own also ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.