Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Just wondering if someone had the same scenario with me.. i applied my 2 kids ( age 9 and 11 ) for a DCV 445 and my eldest had been granted a visa but then my youngest still doesnt have her visa yet but its been a month now... i ask our agent and she said its not mandatory for DIBP to grant both visa at the same time.. im a bit worried why the other one took so long to be granted? We thought once they got approved it will be both of them as i lodged them together and all the paperworks both said theyre siblings etc. Its been a month and we couldnt even do anything at the moment... i guess its just soo hard for us to wait and wondering why whats been happening. Is there any chance that my other kid will get denied? Pls shed me some light here.. would really appreciate it. Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The same thing has happened to us. My partner went to the Philippines to apply for 445 visa for both her children. I thought that while you are in Manila get your daughter to do her medical while she was there with her. Not even a week later after her 445 application she was granted her 445 visa.

Her son was still with his father in Cebu and we asked him to get his medical done. His medical was after about two weeks after the daughter, as a result of this, on the same day the daughter got her 445, her son got his s56 for more information. The medical was sent to Manila 2 days after the letter was sent. Now the 28 days have passed for the s56 request for more information and still nothing. It has now been nearly 3 months since the daughter received her visa.

It is getting close to my partners 801 eligibility.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A little bit of a update. Both children have their 445's now, the second came about three weeks later after the first. They both had their 445's within one month from application.

The daughter came here a week before Christmas and we sent Form 1002, certified copy of passport to partner processing centre. We had a reply 2 days later that she is now on her mother's 820 and able to claim medicare. We applied for medicare the same day.

Now our problem is the father will not let the son come to Australia as he thinks he will not go back to the Philippines.

I was told by IMMI that the form 1002 can only be sent once the 445 visa holder is
onshore.

Because the father wants to play games, he is doing harm to his son's future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.