Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need some help/inputs. I've read many posts with similar situations but not quite, they never are ;). If I could get some thoughts from anyone who knows anymore about my chances of getting a rrv approved, very much appreciated.

1991-2002 - My family and I immigrated to Australia, I was 13. Studied high school and uni there. Never left apart from the occasional holidays. Engaged to a man (he is an Australian citizen)
2003 - married and living abroad to the man (he wanted to return to his first country (home) to be with his family). My thought was we lived there temporary and returned to Australia in the future. Never happened.
2004 - returned to Australia to renew my resident return visa. This expired in 2009. After that I figured I didn't satisfied the 2 year stay requirement so didn't bother to renew. Also because I was married to an Australian it will be easy to get a visa to move back.
2009 - first child was borned.
2011 - second child was borned
2015 - divorced the man.
2018- applied for my children's Australian citizenship by descent and was granted.
extra info: my mum and brothers are still residents there. My brothers have family. I have been back to Australia to visit family during my long absence but the last two times I used ETA because my resident visa expired in 2009.

My questions:
1. Do I satisfied the strong personal ties to Australia through my marriage to an Australian citizen even though we are now divorced? Also my children have Australian Citizenship? I still have family there.
2. Is being married and raising a family abroad qualifies for compelling reasons for absence for more than 5 years?
3. My last visa expired in 2009, does this mean I can consider myself to be a permanent resident in the last 10 years? Even though I haven't been living there since 2002.

Apologies for the long post and thank you for reading!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do I have permanent residence visa if I came to Australia through my father’s visa (as family migration)?
Can I answer yes to the following question?

Does the applicant currently hold a permanent visa of any type (including a Resident Return visa)?

My last/current rrv ha expired 9 yrs ago. Does it count? I hope there is someone out there can help me with this. Thanks in advance guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.