Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Hi Richclear1 -

The categories for the purposes of partner visas refer to types of documents (other than ID, character, health documents) that demonstrate the genuineness/strength/etc of the partner relationship. If you or your partner are in Australia and have superannuation (ie, retirement account contributed to by your employer(s)) and have nominated your partner as your beneficiary of vested superannuation funds should you pass away, this can serve as commitment evidence. Same holds true for life insurance or other types of future payments if you choose to designate your partner as beneficiary in case you are not able (or around) to collect whatever future financial benefits might be due.

Re tax documents, this can demonstrate the financial capacity of the sponsor, but can also be used to show commitment evidence (or perhaps financial evidence) for partner visas by showing that you've declared your partner on your appropriate tax return.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Hi Richclear1 -

Re super, check with your superannuation company re beneficiary designation form, records, requirements, etc - they vary from one company to another. Re tax, check your marital or relationship status on the tax returns and see how those were declared. Re utilities, both of those terms are essentially the same. Re statutory declaration, would have to review your documents at a consultation in order to give you specific advice for them. Generally Commonwealth statutory declaration formats should be used with immigration matters regardless of what state you live in.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Thanks for your explaination.
1.Superannuation
How can we know if my husband have nominated me as beneficiary of vested superannuation funds should him pass away?
What are the requirements for making it?
I just lived here for 2 months
2. Tax return
I want to attach my husband's tax return as a financial evidence. I got the doc from him for 2 years. So How can I declare my partner on my appropriate tax return? By making statement? Do you have any examples for it?
3. Anyway, What is the diffirences between utilities account and utilities notice?
4. How about the statutory declaration, I should attach it or not? We live in NSW. SO should we fill the stat dec separately under the NSW form? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.