Australia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife is flying from Japan to Australia via Singapore, with Singapore Airlines.

Initially booked for 27th July, Economy with SIA. Initial cost ~$1400AUD
Was cancelled, rebooked August 7th, Economy with SIA. No additional cost.
Was cancelled, rebooked September 9th (forced to pay for upgrade due to AU 50% capacity cut), Business classs with SIA. Additional ~$2600AUD
Was cancelled, rebooked from alternate departure location in Japan, additional domestic flight booked (JAL), September 9th (took me 3 weeks, 40 phone calls to get this). Additional $450AUD for domestic flight + ship baggage domestically.

We are practically holding our breath, and flinching at every email we receive- praying that it will not be cancelled again. I haven't seen her in 18 months. All in all thus far costing $4450 + further $3000 for hotel quarantine. We are not wealthy, this is essentially 5 times what we were expecting to pay to get her here post-visa approval, and this doesn't even consider shipping her belongings via DHL ($500AUD per box)

My advice if you are having issues and dealing with Singapore Airlines, call the international number for the HQ contact in Singapore. The BPO operating from the Phillipines is absolutely disgustingly run. I was hung up on numerous times by not only junior agents, but supervisors and even the department manager. Terrible customer service and they refuse most of your requests until you call back 20 times.
She. Finally. Made. It.

14 days of quarantine, and I will be able to see her for the first time since in more than 19 months.
Don't lose hope, you will make it.... eventually!

Reactions: DBT90 and zaheer_id

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
She. Finally. Made. It.

14 days of quarantine, and I will be able to see her for the first time since in more than 19 months.
Don't lose hope, you will make it.... eventually!
That’s great news! 👏🏼 so happy to hear that she finally made it! Hopefully we keep hearing great news from others!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tryin to have flights asap, because validity of visa. Do people apply online or via agent is most of a success?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi All, I was looking for a forum about flights. We booked with Qatar in May for flights on 2nd September. They were cancelled on the 23rd of August and we've just been told there are no flights into Australia with Qatar till past November.

We've already given up our flat and quit our jobs (and sent our Cat to Australia!), so our situations pretty dire. I think the only way into Australia now is via a DFAT flight. Luckily we've been able to extend my British partners visa till next year but we're still desperate to enter Australia. Does anyone else have any idea when the next DFAT flights will be released? Has anyone got on a DFAT flight and knows what to expect?

The website says that the Aus Gov halved the number of flights between July 4 and August 31st so i'm curious to see what will happen start of September. But I'm not very hopefully it will be positive.

Please let me know if you've received a DFAT September flight dates list. I changed our circumstances on the DFAT website but now im worried i should have just left it as it was as we were receiving monthly updates from them before i amended it!
I have registered but did not receive anything:( where are you booking your flights?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tryin to have flights asap, because validity of visa. Do people apply online or via agent is most of a success?
Got my flights cancelled 3 times, one of them cancelled 15 minutes after booking. I think I got lucky with the booking of my current flight, my advise would be book directly with the airline (compare prices first with eDreams o SkyScanner) and get a bussines or first class ticket, I know it just seems like throwing money at a problem and hoping for it to solve itself but....

Also I think you can get an extension of the date for the first entry, given the difficulty to enter Australia at this moment.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts