Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Difference between "length of de facto relationship" and "evidence of relationship"

I'm doing my evidence uploads for the 801/820 partner visa and don't understand the difference between these categories. I want to upload texts between my partner and I that provide evidence of significant events in our relationship and the development of our relationship. Which of these two categories do they go in? And what about social stuff like our travels together and time we spend with our friends who have written statements for us? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm doing my evidence uploads for the 801/820 partner visa and don't understand the difference between these categories.
Length of de facto relationship is evidence proving that you and your partner meet the de facto requirements. Given that you are applying for an onshore visa, that to me suggests that you are together currently.

A lease agreement would suffice, or multiple lease agreements depending on your situation. You may also consider looking for mail that is dated and addressed to you both at the same household. For example, my wife and I used a letter from the government addressed to both of us as well as individual mail that was also dated.

I want to upload texts between my partner and I that provide evidence of significant events in our relationship and the development of our relationship. Which of these two categories do they go in?
I would put those into the category history and development of the relationship

And what about social stuff like our travels together and time we spend with our friends who have written statements for us? Thanks in advance!
Social stuff would fit into the evidence group social aspects of the relationship.

I recall you saying that you are lodging your application and then uploading evidence. May I ask why you've chosen to go that route as opposed to lodging and uploading at once?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Length of de facto relationship is evidence proving that you and your partner meet the de facto requirements. Given that you are applying for an onshore visa, that to me suggests that you are together currently.

A lease agreement would suffice, or multiple lease agreements depending on your situation. You may also consider looking for mail that is dated and addressed to you both at the same household. For example, my wife and I used a letter from the government addressed to both of us as well as individual mail that was also dated.

I would put those into the category history and development of the relationship

Social stuff would fit into the evidence group social aspects of the relationship.

I recall you saying that you are lodging your application and then uploading evidence. May I ask why you've chosen to go that route as opposed to lodging and uploading at once?
Thanks for your reply!

Re: why we didn't lodge and upload at the same time, I have all my evidence ready, but didn't know what the categories would look like upon lodging so I'm putting everything into the categories now.

There is no "social aspects" evidence group. There is also no "history and development" category. I'm trying to get everything into the household, length of relationship, evidence of relationship, and nature of the commitment categories, plus the required forms (80, 888), our ID docs and relationship certificate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here! I'm unsure where to put our statements (history) of the relationship. I also have a few written stat decs (Non-Australian citizens) which I don't know where to put..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Same here! I'm unsure where to put our statements (history) of the relationship. I also have a few written stat decs (Non-Australian citizens) which I don't know where to put..
Statements - History and Development of the Relationship. Stat decs from non-Australians, we used the "Other" category.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.