Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
My full name displayed on my passport and birth certificate is in this order : Family name-Middle name-First name. On my current transcript and degree, it is displayed as Middle name-First name-Family name. And on the police check application submission confirmation I just received, it seem my name is displayed as First name-Middle name-Family name. Can this give me any trouble when I apply for my visa?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the staff names on the school website is displayed as First name, middle name and family name. But I am Asian, and I saw that several Vietnamese in Australia have their name written the same way as mine, so at the time I enrolled I thought there was no problem. The middle-first-family combination is used in my Coe and I was granted a student visa 573 with it, and the visa they granted me has my name displayed like that as well, which is different from my other Vietnamse document. So now all evidence of my study in Australia is displayed in this combination. However, the police check form has a separate box for middle name, and when I entered my name separately, I was given First-middle-family name combination. So should I get a new police check with my middle name-first name all entered in the given name box? This could have been so much simpler if I did not have a middle name

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, the staff names on the school website is displayed as First name, middle name and family name. But I am Asian, and I saw that several Vietnamese in Australia have their name written the same way as mine, so at the time I enrolled I thought there was no problem. The middle-first-family combination is used in my Coe and I was granted a student visa 573 with it, and the visa they granted me has my name displayed like that as well, which is different from my other Vietnamse document. So now all evidence of my study in Australia is displayed in this combination. However, the police check form has a separate box for middle name, and when I entered my name separately, I was given First-middle-family name combination. So should I get a new police check with my middle name-first name all entered in the given name box? This could have been so much simpler if I did not have a middle name
I have a smilar problem as well. You have to make a statutory declaration stating its all the same person. I did that and worked out okay for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Thank for the reply. I've decided that I should just apply for another police check to be sure, and hope for the best. Anyway, if I list all the name arrangement in my police check application, do I have to try to provide a name that can be displayed the same way as in my passport? I mean, unless I fill the family name box with my first name, I would always be left with either middle-first-family or first-middle-family, since family name always goes last here, but it's the opposite in documents in Vietnam.

And is current residential address the place I am currently staying or my address in my home country? I often get these two mixed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.