Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I have a question hope someone can help me with:

I am currently holding a 457 visa under Accountant 221111, which was processed "by default" since my empoyer is an accounting firm. But actually my work is around management counsulting 224711 for client's finance function. I now have passed skill assessment under management consultant 224711 and want to submit 190 EOI for it. When counting points, my work experience under 457 visa (221111) was also included (the real work i am doing). My question is whether the different occupation code will impact my 190 application?

Anyone has similar experience or any experts can provide some comments please?

Thanks in heaps!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yes, it will. The main issue is your work experience. While you may consider your work as an accountant close related to your work as a management consultant, the department may not. The department's definition of closely related work is that the first 4 digits of the ANZSCO code are the same. In your case, they are not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jeremy for your reply! But the question is, will the department consider all my work experience should not be counted in? or just the years under 457 visa? I have been doing the same job for 8 years (overseas), and only 1 year with 457 visa in Australia. Will the department deny all my 8 years working experience since they are the same work for the same company(in overseas offices and AU office)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, management counsulting is my actual work and I have obtained skill assessment. Even so, the case officer in immigation department will still challenge the work experience under 457?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone has any similar experience please?
Hi Kxysun,

Mine case is exactly similar as yours.

I have got successful ACS assessment under 261313 Software Engineer but my occupation under 457 was 313112 ICT Customer Support Officer which was incorrectly done by my employer.

I have submitted the EOI without claiming the points of my 1 year experience in Australia under 457 visa. However, I still don't know if this would create any problem.

How did you proceed with the visa finally?

Below are my details.

Thanks,
Inderdeep Singh
Qualification: BCA+MCA (Both ICT Major Computing)
IT Exp: 4 and half yrs total; 3 yr India, 1 and half yr Australia
PTE-A:20
EOI 189: Submitted on 28-July-2017 at 65 points.
EOI 190: Submitted on 29-July-2017 for NSW at 70 points.
Note: Not claiming 5 pts for AU Experience because of different occupation under 457.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.