Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was granted 175 about 8 months back. I decided to pack my bags and currently on a holiday in Nepal for 6 months. From there I am planning to travel to Australia to validate my visa. My Dilemma is - Will the immigration officer question me on why I stayed in Nepal for so long and do I need to enter Australia directly from the country I applied my visa which is UK. Was I suppose to inform DIAC regarding my plans before validating my visa?

Many thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi

I was granted 175 about 8 months back. I decided to pack my bags and currently on a holiday in Nepal for 6 months. From there I am planning to travel to Australia to validate my visa. My Dilemma is - Will the immigration officer question me on why I stayed in Nepal for so long and do I need to enter Australia directly from the country I applied my visa which is UK. Was I suppose to inform DIAC regarding my plans before validating my visa?

Many thanks
Immigration officers are a curious lot at the best time, not so much by nature necessarily but they are trained to be so.
So I would not be surprised if you are asked but more from general interest but possibly suspicion for some people can get to there from curiosity but if it's half your luck to have been able to finance that and go trekking and enjoying cow dung patties or whatever, as long as you aren't attempting to bring in anything that you shouldn't, you have nothing to fear.
If you have any souveneirs of any nature, best to declare them as most can one way or another be made from wood or animal products.
But you do not need to have advised DIAC and it is something of a anomaly that we have people do medicals if they have been to any health HR countries but do not seem to pursue it once people have a PRvisa or are citizens.
They could however pull one out of the hat and have you undergo a medical.
If you are quizzed, just be honest with your answers and it shouldn't be any dilemma and you do not need to have entered directly from the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.