Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A bit of background on me
  • I am currently on 485 Visa expiring Dec this year
  • Have a job in accounting - I will not be able to meet the 80 cut off by the time my visa expires

About my partner and I
  • We have been dating since about Jan 2017, although like many other post in this forum mentioned, I wouldn't consider it defacto more boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • We have "officially" lived together, for the past few months I have been living at his apartment but I am not on the lease and I have not been contributing to rent/bills he earns about 3x what I earn and was happy to pay for everything, he is also about 5 years older than me vs me who just started a grad position). His lease is expiring and we're looking to move in together soon, this time with my name on the lease.
  • I lived in my uncles (not blood related relative but a close family friend) house prior to this, majority of my documents still lists his place as my address and I have not updated them (I know... not very smart... but I always thought I could get a 189 visa and didn't think of a de facto visa)
  • We have not been on a holiday together, this is mostly because I couldn't leave the country while doing my 485 and I have spent all the time looking for jobs etc
  • We are not public on social media and we rarely take any photos with one another! We're just not that kind, we like to keep our relationship quite private and he doesn't use facebook.

My Questions is considering by the time we move in to a new place it won't be more than 12 months before my visa expires, I also feel like we have a strong lack of proof, is it worth trying to apply for this visa? or should I look at other options??

If its worth doing, what steps can we start taking to proof our relationship??

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I doubt it, if you consider yourself more boyfriend girlfriend at this stage.

Look into a PMV - you might not get a Visitor Visa to come back for the wait and it does require marriage down the track. But is something to look at.

Being in Australia for a long period already can a problem for the Visitor Visa, but so is being from Malawi or most other African nations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.