Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have one important query regarding my relation and about future. It's my personal stuff but i want to move out of it asap. I am from Nepal and I'm doing masters here at Sydney. I'm on my 3rd semester. I have my wife with me. We don't have any good relation here now. I didn't know that her intention was just to earn money and hide some of it from me because she has her own personal account. I am having problem living with her day by day. I tried to convince her but she don't have idea that she is my dependent and i guess I have some rights here more than her.

I want to separate but she might not accept that because she wants to earn more and live here. She may not sign the divorce paper even after i sign that. My visa expires on 2019 March. Please tell me what can i do now ? i don't want to live with this girl and i don't want her to stay here in Australia. If i don't have full rights to send her back to country then at least help me to separate with this relation.

And I have one more question. What will be the future consequences if i marry any other girl from Nepal and want her to bring Australia ? Is my current issue going to be an obstacle for that ?

I have no idea what to do. I am sleeping on living room since last week. I don't want to see her face . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you .

·
Premium Member
5,249 Posts
If it was me, I'd find new living arrangements and move out. Then I'd notify Immigration that my relationship has broken down. It will be up to them to then possibly cancel her visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply. What I did is , Threw her out from unit. I had a talk with my consultancy and they gave me two options.

1. When you lodge visa next time , just put your name while extending, after that she will be illigal here.

2. On mutual understanding , divorce her and let her stay here and she has to study and has to change her visa to student.

I know she won't go back home. May be she will choose 2nd option.

Is there any other option that I might not know and my consultant might not explained about ?

The main thing that scares me that about permanent residency . Like how it's going to hamper me later to get it.

Thanks everyone. Hope for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for reply. What I did is , Threw her out from unit. I had a talk with my consultancy and they gave me two options.

1. When you lodge visa next time , just put your name while extending, after that she will be illigal here.

2. On mutual understanding , divorce her and let her stay here and she has to study and has to change her visa to student.

I know she won't go back home. May be she will choose 2nd option.

Is there any other option that I might not know and my consultant might not explained about ?

The main thing that scares me that about permanent residency . Like how it's going to hamper me later to get it.

Thanks everyone. Hope for your help.
You have nothing to loose mate. You should ring immigration that the marriage is finished. You have seperated from her and file for divorce. You have nothing to worry about if she didn't sign the divorce paper. As soon u extend your visa in 2019 without her name on it... she will overstay and be deported or leave Australia at her will

Failing to report your separation from her might harn you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.