Australia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m the secondary applicant on 491 visa and on 491 visa
And my query is
1)What if secondary applicant from 491 visa separates from primary applicant.
2)Can they apply 191 on their own as long as they meet income criteria and conditions.
3) what about the Medicare benefits
4) Does DOHA needs to be informed?
What steps should I take to be able to apply for my 191 without getting into any sort of trouble.
Thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
how long has it been since you and the main applicant were granted the 491 visa?

On the immi website, it says the main applicant can apply for permanent residence after 3 years of having the 491, which means you can go with that application, I guess if you stay together until then https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...led-work-regional-provisional-491/application

Otherwise, I think your visa is seen as temporary visa.

You should contact a migration agent, If you are seperating, you would need to apply for your own visa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I have been getting mixed responses because as 489 and 491 are very similar and some people are saying that I will be able to apply PR on my own as long as I meet the income threshold and other criteria.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’m the secondary applicant on 491 visa and on 491 visa
And my query is
1)What if secondary applicant from 491 visa separates from primary applicant.
2)Can they apply 191 on their own as long as they meet income criteria and conditions.
3) what about the Medicare benefits
4) Does DOHA needs to be informed?
What steps should I take to be able to apply for my 191 without getting into any sort of trouble.
Thank you
You must advise IMMI/DOHA of the change in circumstances. To hide this change of relationship is bad. Eventually DOHA will find out. IMHO you will be eligible for an extension while this mess is sorted out. IMMI are actually really decent people, that are here to help. If you meet the criteria of a 191 then you should definitely apply. I would suggest you engage a MARA Certified Immigration Agent, as in situations like yours, the primary visa holder, your ex. can make decision on you behalf that may not be in your best interests. The other question is what was the nature f the relationship, legally married, de facto or partner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You must advise IMMI/DOHA of the change in circumstances. To hide this change of relationship is bad. Eventually DOHA will find out. IMHO you will be eligible for an extension while this mess is sorted out. IMMI are actually really decent people, that are here to help. If you meet the criteria of a 191 then you should definitely apply. I would suggest you engage a MARA Certified Immigration Agent, as in situations like yours, the primary visa holder, your ex. can make decision on you behalf that may not be in your best interests. The other question is what was the nature f the relationship, legally married, de facto or partner?
Legally married

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sunny786.
I have spoken to some migration agents and they said I will be fine as long as I keep them updated of changes in circumstances and abide by my visa conditions.
Hi Ankita , have you got it sorted ? I'm in a similar situation. Migrant agent says the same you mentioned update the change of circumstances and apply for 191 later (as long as you meet the requirement)

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Hi Sunny, just wondering if you updated immi about the situation?
How is it going?
Can you please tell. We are in a similar situation.
People must update immigration. If they do not, they are not abiding by conditions and risk visa cancellation and future rejections.

Many people continue on their original visa course after a break up. But it always depends on individual situations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts