Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My story is a difficult one. I am not an Australian citizen and I am unaware if my PR was revoked or not, as my ex-wife must have reported me to get back at me. I've been separated from my ex-wife for over a year and half. Now I applied for the divorce as I want to remarry, but I received a letter from the family court asking for my citizenship papers.

Can I send send my PR details to the court or will I be risking getting deported?

Any suggestion or advice will be highly appreciated

·
Registered
814 Posts
If you're a PR your wife can't get your PR revoked to get back at you. The only thing that could get your PR revoked is if you committed a serious crime. You can check your visa status in VEVO to be sure, but the court isn't going to strip you of your PR just because of a divorce.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're a PR your wife can't get your PR revoked to get back at you. The only thing that could get your PR revoked is if you committed a serious crime. You can check your visa status in VEVO to be sure, but the court isn't going to strip you of your PR just because of a divorce.
Thanks for your reply tijanaoc. I never committed any serious crime neither was I involved in any court case relating to any sort of crime. However I was called in for questioning but that was that. If my PR status is otherwise, will doing a search on VEVO cause any troubles? Im only worried as I've already paid deposited for my wedding and if I'm deported, I'm shaming my fiance front of the whole world. She is the only one who knows everything and doesn't want to risk anything.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
VEVO is meant to check immigration status. It takes less than a minute to do. Not sure how checking VEVO could possibly be detrimental.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
VEVO is meant to check immigration status. It takes less than a minute to do. Not sure how checking VEVO could possibly be detrimental.
If you were unlawful, the use of VEVO could alert DIBP and assist them in locating you. However if the OP is a Permanent Resident, he's got nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you were unlawful, the use of VEVO could alert DIBP and assist them in locating you. However if the OP is a Permanent Resident, he's got nothing to worry about.
I know i have PR. I'm just unaware if it is valid anymore or not

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I know i have PR. I'm just unaware if it is valid anymore or not
PR does not expire, unless it is cancelled. Only the 5 year travel facility expires and can be easily renewed.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Didn't realize DIBP could be so efficient 😂
I think it is built into the system and records are kept of all third parties accessing VEVO.

As a RMA I have to be very careful using VEVO, as DIBP can force me to reveal my client's whereabouts, if I do a check through my account.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it is built into the system and records are kept of all third parties accessing VEVO.

As a RMA I have to be very careful using VEVO, as DIBP can force me to reveal my client's whereabouts, if I do a check through my account.
But as a civilian can't I do my own check?
Also, if I've lost my TRN, how can I check?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.