Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a question,

My migration agent has asked me to send him monthly evidence that me and my fiance are still in contact. So I send him my Whatsapp and Skype history. This is the first month I have had to send him info as I applied 19th March.

My question is, Will I need to send immigration my wedding plans too? If so, what kind of things? I cant plan a wedding without a set wedding date! In my application, I put down I will be getting married 11th Feb 2017! But I doubt I will be getting an answer by then!

What have you guys done with your applications?

Is it a requirement that I advise Immigration of my wedding planning?

Ive applied for him to come on a 6 month Tourist visa 2 weeks ago! Fingers crossed that gets approved!!!!!!! This waiting game is killing me!!

· Registered
188 Posts
Hi all,

Just a question,

My migration agent has asked me to send him monthly evidence that me and my fiance are still in contact. So I send him my Whatsapp and Skype history. This is the first month I have had to send him info as I applied 19th March.

My question is, Will I need to send immigration my wedding plans too? If so, what kind of things? I cant plan a wedding without a set wedding date! In my application, I put down I will be getting married 11th Feb 2017! But I doubt I will be getting an answer by then!

What have you guys done with your applications?

Is it a requirement that I advise Immigration of my wedding planning?

Ive applied for him to come on a 6 month Tourist visa 2 weeks ago! Fingers crossed that gets approved!!!!!!! This waiting game is killing me!!
Have you filed a Notice of Intention to Marry? If so, Immigration will need to see that but as for wedding plans, guest lists etc. don't worry too much about that. Well, at least we didn't as plans were made as we went along. The NOIM is pretty important, and the wedding date can be changed as the notice operates for 18 months.

No the wait will not kill you, it will feel like it, but it will happen lol. Good luck.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you filed a Notice of Intention to Marry? If so, Immigration will need to see that but as for wedding plans, guest lists etc. don't worry too much about that. Well, at least we didn't as plans were made as we went along. The NOIM is pretty important, and the wedding date can be changed as the notice operates for 18 months.

No the wait will not kill you, it will feel like it, but it will happen lol. Good luck.
Yes we provided a NOIM with the application. Ok good Idea about wedding guest list! Thanks!

lol Yeah I know it wont kill me literally but its definately excruciating! Especially because hes from a high risk country and has no job or study back home! :(

Thanks for your advice!!! :D

· Registered
188 Posts
Our wait went like this:
First 3 months - happy and optimistic.

To the 6 month mark - getting frantic, panic set it, started to cry.

8 months - hysterics, call off the wedding (me), it's all too much.

8 month 3 day mark - calming down, chatting on Skype. Receive email that the visa was approved. Hysterical again (particularly as husband was downstairs getting cup of tea and couldn't hear me screaming at him).

Feel free to scream, rant, cry and go through all the ups and downs that come with this whole process. If there are any people anywhere who know what you're going through it's here.

· Registered
3,917 Posts
We sent the NOIM but did nothing with wedding plans as who knows when the visa will be approved. Fortunately, we just got the visa grant a few days ago so now we can plan without the stress of our visa fate! We had already decided though to marry in August (which is what our NOIM says) and just push the wedding back to March to give our overseas friends time to make arrangements.

So besides the NOIM we didn't supply any wedding planning evidence. We did mention that we weren't doing any wedding planning until a decision was made.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our wait went like this:
First 3 months - happy and optimistic.

To the 6 month mark - getting frantic, panic set it, started to cry.

8 months - hysterics, call off the wedding (me), it's all too much.

8 month 3 day mark - calming down, chatting on Skype. Receive email that the visa was approved. Hysterical again (particularly as husband was downstairs getting cup of tea and couldn't hear me screaming at him).

Feel free to scream, rant, cry and go through all the ups and downs that come with this whole process. If there are any people anywhere who know what you're going through it's here.
We have been waiting 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days and counting! lol

And its been constant nightmares (literally nightmares that the visa was refused), anxiety and stomach pains!

Im more stressed about this process because my fiance is also my first cousin! (never knew he existed in the past) so I really hope they dont judge us on that alone! Even though I know immigration cant discriminate on that, I cant help but stress!!

If this Tourist Visa gets approved, that would be approx 8 months we would have waited!

What country was your partner from if you dont mind me asking J&F?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We sent the NOIM but did nothing with wedding plans as who knows when the visa will be approved. Fortunately, we just got the visa grant a few days ago so now we can plan without the stress of our visa fate! We had already decided though to marry in August (which is what our NOIM says) and just push the wedding back to March to give our overseas friends time to make arrangements.

So besides the NOIM we didn't supply any wedding planning evidence. We did mention that we weren't doing any wedding planning until a decision was made.
So you would regularly upload your evidence of communication with your fiance while you were waiting for the PMV?

· Registered
188 Posts
We have been waiting 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days and counting! lol

And its been constant nightmares (literally nightmares that the visa was refused), anxiety and stomach pains!

Im more stressed about this process because my fiance is also my first cousin! (never knew he existed in the past) so I really hope they dont judge us on that alone! Even though I know immigration cant discriminate on that, I cant help but stress!!

If this Tourist Visa gets approved, that would be approx 8 months we would have waited!

What country was your partner from if you dont mind me asking J&F?
My husband is from the UK, he's Welsh.

Stomach pains, nightmares, cold sweats .... yep have them right now. He's up for permanent residency (the application goes to DIBP in a few weeks) and right now I keep thinking we'll not submit enough evidence, or not fill in the forms right and the visa is going to be refused and my husband deported and then me and the dog and the cats won't be able to see him again and we'll have to get more money to go through this whole process again and then.............

Yet my husband just blissfully goes about his day and says the visa will be issued when it's issued.

Makes it harder when you're from these so-called "high risk" countries, they throw so many obstacles in your way but everything will be alright, believe me.

I say "high risk" like that because I honestly don't believe in one country being better or riskier than the others.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My husband is from the UK, he's Welsh.

Stomach pains, nightmares, cold sweats .... yep have them right now. He's up for permanent residency (the application goes to DIBP in a few weeks) and right now I keep thinking we'll not submit enough evidence, or not fill in the forms right and the visa is going to be refused and my husband deported and then me and the dog and the cats won't be able to see him again and we'll have to get more money to go through this whole process again and then.............

Yet my husband just blissfully goes about his day and says the visa will be issued when it's issued.

Makes it harder when you're from these so-called "high risk" countries, they throw so many obstacles in your way but everything will be alright, believe me.

I say "high risk" like that because I honestly don't believe in one country being better or riskier than the others.
Good luck in your process! Im sure everything will go well! xx

· Registered
6,928 Posts
We did not use a agent but I did send a new document about each month, only because I think they have to look at it when received in case it is urgently important.

Send anything of any relevance even a wedding catering quote addresses to both of you - just to get an idea of price, for if you need it later. Maybe see a real-estate agent and get them of send you a list of properties you (both names) may be interested in.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We did not use a agent but I did send a new document about each month, only because I think they have to look at it when received in case it is urgently important.

Send anything of any relevance even a wedding catering quote addresses to both of you - just to get an idea of price, for if you need it later. Maybe see a real-estate agent and get them of send you a list of properties you (both names) may be interested in.
Good idea ampk! Never thought of that!

Thanks for the tip!! :D

· Registered
3,917 Posts
So you would regularly upload your evidence of communication with your fiance while you were waiting for the PMV?
Never uploaded any evidence of communication. Just a pdf that looked like a magazine article (pictures surrounded by narrative) on how we met, that we've been in contact, and we see each other often. The first pdf we uploaded after applying had pics of us when we first met, then the next 3 trips he made to the US along with supporting pics. The second pdf was an update 3 months later and had a narrative and pics of us since the first pdf. He made another trip to the US, and then we went to Australia together.

We have over a decade of communication between us. Honestly, it would be such a hassle to go through it all, we figured we'd just wait and see if they wanted any communication records. They didn't ask, we didn't bother. US is low risk though, so maybe that makes a difference?

And yes, I was stressing the whole time until approval. It's hard to place your fate in the hands of a stranger (DIBP) that doesn't know your relationship like you do. My fiancé never worried about it though. We always had the option of moving him to the US so we'd still be together if it was denied. We would just rather have our kids grow up in oz.

· Registered
7,393 Posts
Yet my husband just blissfully goes about his day and says the visa will be issued when it's issued..
I was saying similar to that too, all calm etc., but in my mind, I had many moments of worry.

We gave a wedding date of Nov 2015 in the PMV application (June 2015), but supplied the NOIM in October 2015 with an April 2016 wedding date.

We actually ended up getting married on that date too.

We applied for the marriage certificate on 9th May at the local QGAP office, and the marriage certificate arrived in the post today 13th May.
Cost $43.50 for Non-Urgent...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.