Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am going to apply to 189 visa soon but I am curious about how many points I could get in the qualifications section.

I hold a bachelor's degree on metallurgy and materials engineering and also I have another diploma which is International Welding Engineering recognised world wide as well as in Australia of course.

Qualifications:

1-A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard (20)

2-A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard (15)
3-A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia (10)

4-An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation (10)

My bachelor's degree falls into the group of 3rd and my other diploma falls into to the group of 4th. So in this case how many points do I get?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi guys,

I am going to apply to 189 visa soon but I am curious about how many points I could get in the qualifications section.

I hold a bachelor's degree on metallurgy and materials engineering and also I have another diploma which is International Welding Engineering recognised world wide as well as in Australia of course.

Qualifications:

1-A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution or a Doctorate from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard (20)

2-A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard (15)
3-A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia (10)

4-An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation (10)

My bachelor's degree falls into the group of 3rd and my other diploma falls into to the group of 4th. So in this case how many points do I get?

Thank you.
Fifteen points for the Bachelor's Degree.

You will receive points for your highest qualification only. To claim these points, you must have completed and already received the qualification.

The authority undertaking your skills assessment will determine if your qualifications are comparable to the relevant Australian qualification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.