Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My English ex and I applied for a de facto relationship 820 visa back in 2012 which was granted in 2014. Unfortunately we separated not long long after the PR was granted due to some unfortunate events. Not long after I met my current Canadian partner and we are currently filling out the forms for sponsorship. Do I need to have gotten in contact with immi over my previous relationship, or is it ok as it was after the PR came through?

It has now been over 5 years since our original application date so are we ok to apply now?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once PR is granted you have no obligation to update immi.

You will need to be able to show a clear timeline from breakdown of your relationship and the start of the new one for your current application.
Ok thank you for the reply. Yeah I will state the break down and time line. Both relationships were very close together, but my current partner and I have been together for over 4 years now so hopefully is ok. Also for me to get my Canadian PR I had to fill in a stat dec ending my previous relationship which i have on me still.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.