Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I applied to sponsor my ex a few years ago in 2015, but we broke up a couple of months afterwards, before a decision from the immigration department was reached. It was lodged but beyond a bridging visa my partner went on, they never got approved for anything else because we ended it. Do I still have to serve out the 5 year waiting time in this specific case?

I know this has been asked but there have been a lot of conflicting information and unclear explanations from thread authors asking, so I thought I would bring my own case forward, hope you guys don't mind.

1 last question, my ex and I are not talking so i would like to contact the immigration department and have them tell me exactly when the relationship ended? Because my partner ended it with Immigration. Is it possible to give them a call and they tell me? How does it work in this regard?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi guys,

I applied to sponsor my ex a few years ago in 2015, but we broke up a couple of months afterwards, before a decision from the immigration department was reached. It was lodged but beyond a bridging visa my partner went on, they never got approved for anything else because we ended it. Do I still have to serve out the 5 year waiting time in this specific case?

I know this has been asked but there have been a lot of conflicting information and unclear explanations from thread authors asking, so I thought I would bring my own case forward, hope you guys don't mind.

1 last question, my ex and I are not talking so i would like to contact the immigration department and have them tell me exactly when the relationship ended? Because my partner ended it with Immigration. Is it possible to give them a call and they tell me? How does it work in this regard?
You will not be subject to the sponsorship limitation period if no visa was granted. The Department will not give you any information about your ex or anything to do with her visa application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.