Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am planning on getting to an Australian Permenant Residency holder.

From what I heard, both of us should fill out 'Statutory declaration by a supporting witnessin relation to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application' or Form 888.

-Can we assign a lawyer or a migrant agent to help us with the form, as the language is a bit complicated.

-What is the minimum number of PR holder applicants we need from each side.

-Do they have to be a family member (relative) or could it be a friend.

-For the family member, could it be her parents?

Kindly advice me on that matter.

Regards,

Forat

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Form 888's are for partner visa's not for skilled visa's.

From your previous posts you are applying for a skilled visa, therefore a form 888 is not required if that is the case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have a fiance and I am planning on getting married, and at that time I thought the Skilled Immigration is the easier and garaunteed route. But I have been told that for my particular situation (not enough work experience) a Partner's Visa is both faster and a garaunteed route.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed in regards to immigration.

Firstly you can your fiance do not complete the form 888's they are for your witnesses in regards to your relationship. You need atleast 2 witnesses that are Australian PR or Australian citizens. Your witnesses should be able to understand the forns. A lawyer is an expensive way.

If you need help with the application then it is better to engage a registered migration agent instead of a lawyer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.