Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife and i have been married for 7 years and we will apply for the 309/100 visa.. and would like to know if we need a migration agent.

I have already scanned and translated 20 from roughly 50 documents ( bills with both names, holiday bookings, bank statments ect) and additionally x4 888 forms (i am aware we would only require 2)

Just some background; i live here with her since almost 7 and a half years in europe and in 2 different countries (germany & austria) we have our police certificates from those countries and translated. All of our documents are/will be in .pdf ( original text plus translation per .pdf)
Our wedding certificate is translated and additionally certified. Plus we have literally hundreds of photos of us plus friends from over the years..

How does our case look? Do we need an agent? I look at the website home affairs on a daily basis and am very fanatic about it... :( stress..

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
That's completely up to you. If you feel confident enough in yourselves to put the application together on your own with organizing the evidence, then you can do it on your own and many people do. Some people prefer to use an RMA for peace of mind in knowing that a professional will be looking after their case and making sure they don't make any errors.

If you don't know how to work on your car, you pay a mechanic to do it for you. If you know how to work on your car, you do it yourself. And sometimes you know how to work on your car but you just can't be bothered so you pay someone to do it for you.

If you plan on doing it yourself though, I suggest perusing the forum and learning from other people's mistakes.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Do you do your own tax or do you use an accountant?

Do you fix your own car or do you use a mechanic?

Do you do your own will or do you use a lawyer?

Do you fix things around the house yourself or do you get a tradesman?

It is the same with migration. It is your choice to either do it yourself or outsource it to a professional.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You could consider hiring an RMA to check over your application before lodgment. This is usually a budget option where you have a straight forward application but want peace of mind.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.