Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I applied for Partner Visa last week and I was wondering what to do about my military conscription deferral / exemption. I have not been allocated a case officer yet, so I have not been questioned about it but I would like to be prepared if I am asked about it and I need advice.

I did not commence my military conscription as I had approval to defer from the Ministry of Defence in 2007 because I intended to study in Saudi Arabia. In 2013, I was granted the last permission to travel to Saudi Arabia for the purpose of study and now that permission is expired. I have not travelled back to Egypt since this permission was granted and I am unable to do so at this time because I am undertaking my final year of my Master at University. Now that I am over the age of 30, I am no longer required to undertake military service however, I will need to travel back to Egypt to organize and have my exemption processed. I am told that this will take approximately 3-4 months, hence the reason why I cannot return to Egypt whilst I am studying at University.

I have read other people's experiences that suggested making a written statement regarding their situation and why they do not possess any written documentation exempting them from military service, which I have done. Will the case officer need me to provide the certificate of exemption? If so, how can I organise this certificate as I am not living in Egypt and I can not travel to Egypt now to organise one and have it processed?

Thank you

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Cairo are very strict about applicants saisfying all the applicable criteria. Make sure you have verifiable official documents to support your claims.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to the Egyptian embassy in Saudi and see if they can organise it for you.
Ok So if the case officer ask me to military exemption certificate, and I can't get it now maybe I can after 5 month's , what will happen and what I will do ?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Ok So if the case officer ask me to military exemption certificate, and I can't get it now maybe I can after 5 month's , what will happen and what I will do ?
Go to the Egyptian embassy first. You don't know how long it will take until you go.

If the case officer requests one explain that you are trying to obtain it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to the Egyptian embassy first. You don't know how long it will take until you go.

If the case officer requests one explain that you are trying to obtain it.
I actually went to the Egyptian Embassy a month ago they told me I can not get the exemption certificate from recruitment and I am in Saudi Arabia, they asked me to travel to Egypt to extract it.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Unfortunately then you will need to wait on the case officer. It is their discretion to if they accept a letter explaining or if they will wait for the exemption certificate before they grant the visa.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately then you will need to wait on the case officer. It is their discretion to if they accept a letter explaining or if they will wait for the exemption certificate before they grant the visa.
Really thank you for your help Mish
In any case, I will travel to Egypt after three months. I miss my family. I also wrote statement and I explained everything about the army. I also attached some evidence to postpone the army for study in Saudi Arabia.
I will wait for a reply, Perhaps it is not required because I do not live in my homeland

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am lucky. I got my military certificate today. Egypt sent a delegation to Saudi Arabia so I was able to complete it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.