Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It is a very delicate question due to my situation. I had applied for the permanent visa (820/801 partner visa) in Oct 2016. The 820 visa was approved.
I am going to apply for the 801 (stage 2) on October 2018.
On the Australian government, the processing time to approve the 801 is from 18 to 22 months after the application id lodged. Which will be around Oct 2020.
I am having a lot of trouble in my marriage (a lot) but I can't cancel the marriage, otherwise I have to go back to my country, and I don't want to go as I have a beautiful life here, apart from my marriage.
Tue question is, do I have to stay married until the approval of the 801 permanent visa (which will be probably in 2.5 years), or do I have to stay married only until the second stage 801 application (which is in Oct 2018)? What happen if I end the marriage after the second stage application?
I can't stay married for more 2.5 years, he changed a lot, very aggressive in words, controlling, jealousy, threats, cheating etc. He is doing this because I depend on him for the visa.
Does anyone can help me please?

My job is in the skilled visa list. If I cancel the 820/801 visa, can I still apply for the skilled visa?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am having a lot of trouble in my marriage (a lot) but I can't cancel the marriage, otherwise I have to go back to my country, and I don't want to go as I have a beautiful life here, apart from my marriage.
If the relationship ends you are obligated to inform the Department of the breakdown of your relationship. Continuing in a relationship that is for all intents and purposes broken down is not a genuine relationship.

In regards to being eligible for a visa when your relationship ends or breaks down, this is from the DHA website:

If the relationship with your partner has ended, you might still be eligible for a visa if there are special circumstances. You will need to contact us in writing. All information you provide to us will remain confidential.
What happen if I end the marriage after the second stage application?
You would still need to inform the Department of the breakdown of your relationship.

I would suggest that you engage the services of an Australian based RMA and discuss your options. Situations like yours aren't often resolved with free advice of people who post on a public forum.

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.